Can't go to the next page

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rguez_18

Can't go to the next page

Post by rguez_18 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:39 pm

Hi,
Good Day! I'm automating a datascraping utility of members details in this forum http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/members.asp
My problem is that I can't go to the next page of members list (page 2, 3 etc..)
Using this Macro:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:PageNum2 ATTR=NAME:whichpage CONTENT={{!Page}}
I'm passing a value to the variable via scripting interface.

I've checked the source code and it seems that a javascript function "onchange="ChangePage(PageNUm);" does this.

Question is can I directly call the javascript function on my script? if so how?

Thanks and regards,
.NET Developer
<---Using IMacro since version 4 - See Date Joined on Forum
***For Quotes and Estimates please feel free to contact me.
YM: Rguez_18 <at> y a hoo <that> com
rguez_18

Re: Can't go to the next page

Post by rguez_18 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:45 pm

Anyone?
.NET Developer
<---Using IMacro since version 4 - See Date Joined on Forum
***For Quotes and Estimates please feel free to contact me.
YM: Rguez_18 <at> y a hoo <that> com
webstar

Post by webstar » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:11 pm

rguez_18 wrote:Question is can I directly call the javascript function on my script? if so how?
you need to check out in their javascript what that "onchange" function exactly does
and then you can of course call that directly.
that javascript function is surely doing nothing more than what a normal simple mouse click would normally do...
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:44 pm

I don't think that is your problem. I can't test because I am not signed up but it looks like the form has a page number in it

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:PageNum2 ATTR=NAME:whichpage CONTENT={{!Page}}

PageNum2

If that is the case then you need to make the number a wildcard (*) so that Iopus can find the right form each time.