Form filling from different lines in CSV for each execution

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
saul

Form filling from different lines in CSV for each execution

Post by saul » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Hello,
This is an excellent tool! I have not been able to find a specific bit of information on the forum so I am posting my question. I am in no way a developer and do not even know how to script. However I've managed to create a form filling imacro with the trial version that fills specific online forms.

When I execute the imacro to fill a form, I need it to draw from a CSV that I've built with specific information in it. Each time the imacro runs I want it to draw the information from the next row of information on the CSV. So for example, the first time it runs, it will draw information from row one of the CSV. Then next time I have it scheduled to automatically open itself and run, I need it to draw from row 2 of the CSV. Then the next time it runs itself, draw from row 3, then the next time row 4, etc......

I read through the information about looping and where as looping allows the imacro to run through all rows of the CSV at once, I do not want this. I want the imacro to draw from the next row of information every time it runs. Can this be done in the Pro version and if so, how?

Regards,
Saul.
mknoll1

Re: Form filling from different lines in CSV for each execution

Post by mknoll1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:44 pm

if you have regular intervals between runs why not just use looping with a big wait between runs? FOr example if you want it to run hourly put a WAIT SECONDS=3600 at the end and it will hang out for an hour before finishing the task.
saul

Re: Form filling from different lines in CSV for each execution

Post by saul » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:26 pm

mknoll1 wrote:if you have regular intervals between runs why not just use looping with a big wait between runs? FOr example if you want it to run hourly put a WAIT SECONDS=3600 at the end and it will hang out for an hour before finishing the task.
Thanks for the idea mknoll1, i would litterely have over a thousand rows of information that each imacro would be posting at the rate of maybe between 4-6 rows of info per day (one row each time it runs). This means that if I were to use a WAIT command that these imacros would be open all year long.... and I'm just not sure what the ramifications of that would be.

So far the most simple and direct solution (from what I've managed to learn so far) seems to be timing them to automatically run at intervals through out the day and each time they run, to simply draw from the next row of code on the CSV. I"m open to any other ideas as well, thanks again for your suggestion, good stuff.

Saul.