Imacros 6.0.5.4 missing files issue?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
geefung

Imacros 6.0.5.4 missing files issue?

Post by geefung » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:56 am

Today, I was in the middle of playing a script and after the macros stopped playing I closed out of my 2.0.0.16 FF2 browser and reopened FF2 and noticed that all my macro recordings were missing from the side Imacros panel view.?? :oops: Then I went to Tools /Add ons.. I clicked on options for Imacros and noticed that this path \\office.cyberu.com\private\home\gfung\My Documents\iMacros\Macros still contained all my recorded scripts but I have no idea why they do not show up in the side bar imacros view anymore? The only folder that appears is the favorites folder? Everything else is missing from this side bar view... This is very strange please help!!
mknoll1

Re: Imacros 6.0.5.4 missing files issue?

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:45 pm

In general the macros listed are those found in the specified macros folder. Can you check your macros folder to make sure it points to the correct location of your scripts. If it got changed somehow that would lead to the situation you describe.
Therrinn

Post by Therrinn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:17 pm

I am also experiencing this issue. My iMacros was working yesterday, but suddenly no files or folders were listed in the sidebar except for the favorites folder. I've checked the paths under options and all of them are still correct. I've checked that the folders/files still exist in the path, and they are there. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling iMacros but that didn't help. I'm not sure what has caused this to occur, but I personally know at least one other person who has this same problem.

I'm using FF 2.0.0.16 and my friend is using FF3. Let me know if there's any other info I can give that will help track down this problem.
Therrinn

Post by Therrinn » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Ok, I've managed to fix the problem both for me and my friend on FF3. For some reason iMacros will recursively copy one of the macro folders several times. If it does it and the path name becomes too long iMacros will stop working. I'm not sure what causes the folder's to be recreated recursively, but it happens fairly often (sometimes on a daily basis).