help wiki !LOADCHECK question

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
additional001

help wiki !LOADCHECK question

Post by additional001 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:31 pm

Switches LoadCheck on (YES) or off (NO). The default value is on. LoadCheck runs if a TAG command fails, i.e. the associated HTML element is not found. Before an error occurs iMacros does some additional checks to make sure the HTML element is really not found. Typically this check is required only for complex pages with frames and JavaScript and pages that reload themselves. LoadCheck is associate with waiting a certain amount of time, which is automatically 1/10th of the !TIMEOUT value. The !TIMEOUT default value is 60s, thus the LoadCheck default value is 6s. If you set !ERRORIGNORE to YES, LoadCheck is automatically switched off.

This command is deprecated. Deprecated means that you are discouraged from using it, because it is no longer required.
I do not believe that if !ERRORIGNORE YES does turn LOADCHECK off. I use !ERRORIGNORE YES quite a lot and still see LOADCHECKS. Can someone explain this a little better?
Avariel_Elf

Re: help wiki !LOADCHECK question

Post by Avariel_Elf » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:58 am

Last I heard, there was a minor problem with ERRORIGNORE turning off LOADCHECKs - it does not. At least, not on Fx [Firefox]. Even when I set a LOADCHECK, it ignores that command. I use ERRORIGNORE much as well, I have also found that the more the lines of script, the less likely it is that ERRORIGNORE is going to kick in. I have just learnt to live with it.
~Avi' Elf
smapan

Post by smapan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:14 am

I have a some issue, ERROR box keeps stealing focus ,so I'm forced to have to use Internet Explorer while the script runs and found some error on Firefox. Its annoying.

How to fix it?.
additional001

Post by additional001 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:07 pm

It would suit me just fine if ERRORIGNORE didn't turn off loadcheck, sometimes loadcheck is useful and other times its not... however loadcheck or no loadcheck sometimes it would be nice just to be able to prevent the script from halting while having the benefit of loadcheck other times not so much(when speed is an issue ).
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:27 pm

Hi, just to clarify: Are you using iMacros for IE, the iMacros Browser or iMacros for Firefox?
additional001

Post by additional001 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:20 am

Firefox 3.0.1 & iMacros 6.0.6.9 I'm not 100% but I think this issue has been resolved in 6.0.6.9
Ghrem

Post by Ghrem » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:32 pm

!ERRORIGNORE won't stop errors for me with iMacros for FireFox (6.0.6.9 and 3.0.1 respectively). Tried !LOADCHECK and that threw an error ("BadParameter: Wrong variable LOADCHECK, line 1")... Would very much like this fixed, as I don't use IE. The web pages I'm trying to automate have loading issues with random sections that cause it to not always fully load, but the script can continue regardless... with this error, no script works.