Login and loops.

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dmann07

Login and loops.

Post by dmann07 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:40 am

When you loop though a macro does it always have to start at the beginning?

I’ve got a macro searches company and returns a table, that I extract to cvs (SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\Test FILE=test_080820_141507.csv). Then have a loop that loop that looks for another company and writes to the csv file.

Each time it starts from the beginning and logs in. Is there anyway to cut that out?

Thanks for all the help.

David

URL GOTO=https://xxx.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:amenu8
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:Login ATTR=NAME:USER CONTENT=daivd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:Login ATTR=NAME:PASSWORD CONTENT=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:Login ATTR=VALUE:Login
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:amenu5
SET !DATASOURCE input.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:SearchInpLoi01Form ATTR=NAME:company_code CONTENT={{!COL1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:IMAGE FORM=NAME:SearchInpLoi01Form ATTR=VALUE:Search
TAG POS=7 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
'SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\Test FILE=test_{{!NOW:yymmdd_hhmmss}}.csv
SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=C:\Test FILE=IsaSearch.csv
mknoll1

Re: Login and loops.

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:36 pm

If you use the Imacros browser you can cut out the login code, login manually and then tell the script to run. THat would be the fastest and easiest way to do it. Otherwise you are going to have to break it up into separate scripts and invoke the first one and then invoke the looping part. You can do this in a variety of ways programmatically.
dmann07

Re: Login and loops.

Post by dmann07 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:27 am

I’ve decided to go with he 2nd choice of setting up a Macro that will login and the create individual marco for each test I’d like to run.

David