Select Certificate by Value

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mknoll1

Select Certificate by Value

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Is it possible to have the abiltiy to select a certificate by name instead of just by position? We currently do this with combo boxes with code like this:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:PgCustom ATTR=NAME:PgCustom.cbReports CONTENT=9
or
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:PgCustom ATTR=NAME:PgCustom.cbReports CONTENT=$*SOme*Stuff*

So is it possible to have a command of :

ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=$Cert*Name*

This would make navigating this box much easier since certificates can move around if other certificates are added or removed.

The only problem I really see is if I have 2 certs of the same name the behaviour could be erratic since I don't have a POS=X to add to tell it which cert of the specified name I want like this:

Box contents:
Some important Stuff
Some things
Some other Stuff
That other stuff
This thing

Pulls first instance of match on *Some*Stuff*(First value)
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:PgCustom ATTR=NAME:PgCustom.cbReports CONTENT=$*SOme*Stuff*
Pulls second instance of match on *Some*Stuff*(Third Value)
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:PgCustom ATTR=NAME:PgCustom.cbReports CONTENT=$*SOme*Stuff*

Maybe a change of the syntax to this:
ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=POS NAME=WHATEVER BUTTON=OK

WHere C=the position for matches to name and Name is by default set to * THis would allow existing commands to work without changes (This is VERY IMPORTANT) as well as add the power to select by value.

Using the same box as above it would look like this to get the third option:

ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG C=2 NAME=*SOME*STUFF* BUTTON=OK

I thought I had requested this before but I looked through my posts and I can't find it.
Tech Support

Re: Select Certificate by Value

Post by Tech Support » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi,

I remember you requested the certification by index number, which finally works now :)

I added the "text selection" feature to our todo list for future upgrades.

Ann
mknoll1

Re: Select Certificate by Value

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:03 pm

I thought selecting by number was just a bug since it has always (not always actually but for a long time now) worked that way. THe ability not to select a cert was my suggestion which works now too.

I look forward to seeing this feature in future releases.