Could iMacros do this?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
vrf

Could iMacros do this?

Post by vrf » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:23 am

If it could do something like this, I'd quickly purchase the product. But I am not a programmer, so I would need a little hand-holding. Maybe just a sample macro that someone else had used in a similar way.

I need a browser window to cycle through a few commands. Basically, it'd need to do something like this...

1. refresh page

2. if page contains text "baseball"
then click on link "game"
then click on link "place bet"
then click on link "Return to Homepage"
then click on link "search for new games"
go to step 1
else wait 1 minute
then return to step 1

Is this even possible? Are there similar macros already doing something like this?
I have no idea where to begin.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Last edited by vrf on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hego6pblu

Re: Could iMacros do this?

Post by Hego6pblu » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:27 pm

I have the solution of your task. Contact me via lageralexey[AT]gmail.com
vrf

Post by vrf » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:31 pm

so... um.. I guess the tech support folks aren't hanging around here afterall?
Last edited by vrf on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
knup

Post by knup » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:54 pm

vrf... Did you ever figure this out? I have a very similar task that I'd like to figure out. If iMacros can do it i'd buy the software but I haven't got an answer yet. Let me know.
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:25 pm

I can not speak for tech Support but I know for an absloute fact that there are several ways to accomplish this. In pseudo code the macro would look like this:

Code: Select all

SET !ERRORCONTINUE YES
GOTO WEBSITE
Click Details
CLick whatever
WAIT SECONDS=60

If details is there it will go through that code. If not then it will keep trying and failing commands until it gets to the timer and then it will wait a minute. If you play it in a loop then it will do this as many times as you specify. If you want more control so that it only waits if details is not found then you have to get into more complicated VB scripting but the imacros tool will certainly work for this application.