Wildcard question

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tml

Wildcard question

Post by tml » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:12 am

I was wondering if there is a wildcard or something that I can use for the following situation.

I have to enter data into a website that uses the same software so all the fields are the same. There are 2 instinces where I have to click and then enter data but it records the domain so I cant use it across all the sites. Here what I mean

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:http://domain.com/index.php

Is there a way to make it read something like ATTR=*/index.php

So it would just insert the domain name of the site that I am on?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:01 am

Hi,

I have set up a little test page and tried

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:*/index.html

instead of

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:http://www.somedomain.com/index.html

and it works fine. So yes, you can use wildcards in the ATTR part of the TAG command.

Regards
---
Lasse Clausen
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:20 pm

So it would just insert the domain name of the site that I am on?
FWIW the solution proposed does not do this at all it simply accepts whatever value is there. THe result is the same but technically if you wanted to do this you would need the line TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:{{SOMEVARIABLE}}/index.php. Having said that the way support proposed was much easier.
tml

Post by tml » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:53 pm

I tried putting the * where the domain is but It didnt work.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:36 pm

Can you please post the URL of the web page and/or the macro that creates the problem?
tml

Post by tml » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:22 pm

Hi

Here is the code I have. What I need to do Is manually navigate to each site and then run it and have it fill in and submit the info for me.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:frmlogin ATTR=NAME:f_username CONTENT=my@email.com
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=NAME:frmlogin ATTR=NAME:f_password CONTENT=encryptedpwgoeshere
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:frmlogin ATTR=NAME:B7&&VALUE:Submit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:http://acmearticles.com/penname.php
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:penname ATTR=NAME:f_penname CONTENT=Jeff<SP>Lakie
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:penname ATTR=NAME:submit&&VALUE:Submit

The domain in bold is where I need the wildcard. The domains change but the /penname.php and form attributes are the same on all sites.
tml

Post by tml » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:43 pm

Ok, I have it working.....partially

I put 2 wildcards in there like this http://*.* and that seems to work. But When I go to the page and play it I get this.

iOpus Internet Macros successfully connected
to this web browser window.

To get back to the page you were originally viewing, click the "Go back" button or use your browsers BACK button.

But I hit the back button and then run it, it works.