CLICK and contents with bold, italics, etc?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
fshoukin

CLICK and contents with bold, italics, etc?

Post by fshoukin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:16 am

Hi

I am new to imacro and maybe someone had already encoutered the following problem before.

I tried to use imacro to record the text (with bold and colour fonts, etc) that I had entered in a web page but found that it was not recording those texts.

I have to manually change the recorded file and manage to enter some normal text using the CLICK X, Y CONTENT=XXXX function. However, I do not know how to modify the CONTENT to include bold or italics, colour, etc text.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot
dharmendra2000

Re: CLICK and contents with bold, italics, etc?

Post by dharmendra2000 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Select "Use complete HTM tag" or "Auto" click method, while recording macro.
It might help, if not please give me HTM of your page, I will try for you!
fshoukin

Post by fshoukin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:06 am

Hi Dharmesh

I used "Auto" click method by default but it recorded only the FRAME but not the TAG. Not sure what is this "Use complete HTM tag" method that you suggested.

I was trying to post an ad in singapore.gumtree.sg. And when it comes to the 'Description' part, imacro was unable to record the text I inputted.

From what I understood from the write-up in the IMACRO manual, the CLICK, WINLCLICK or the DS command, the CONTENT parameter allows special character like <SP>. Not too sure how to insert bold, italics, etc though.

If you can try it out for me, that will be great.

Thanks a lot
fshoukin
fshoukin

Post by fshoukin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:28 am

Hi

I found out one way to input these bold, italics characters into the text box. This is to 'recreate' the original message again instead of the 'cut' and 'paste' technique.

So to create the message

This is normal text.
This is Bold.

What I did was first to use "DS CMD=KEY X-?? Y=?? CONTENT=This<SP> is<SP>normal<SP>text<BR>" to create the first sentence

and

I use "DS CMD=CLICK" to click on the 'Bold' icon in the editor and then type in "DS CMD=KEY X-?? Y=?? CONTENT=This<SP> is<SP>Bold<BR>".

Hi all, If you know of a better way, do let me know.

Thanks