How does iMacros finds firefox installation?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
generalmean

How does iMacros finds firefox installation?

Post by generalmean » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:27 am

Hi,

I'm currently trying to get iMacros to work in two-version of firefox environment (2.0 and 3.0). Is there any command line parameter or setting for letting iMacros know which version of firefox (or path to firefox.exe) it should use?
Tech Support

Re: How does iMacros finds firefox installation?

Post by Tech Support » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm

By default, iMacros uses the latest installed Firefox version. But you can control this behavior with the -fxVersion switch.

Examples:

set iim1= CreateObject ("iMacros")
i = iim1.iimInit ("-fx -fxVersion 3.0.4")

or

i = iim1.iimInit ("-fx -fxVersion 2.0.0.16")

Note: There is also a locale switch:

i = iim1.iimInit ("-fx -fxLocale en-US")

If the locale switch is not used, iMacros uses the first locale it finds.
Tech Support

Re: How does iMacros finds firefox installation?

Post by Tech Support » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Note: New -fxProfile switch available. It allows you to start Firefox with a specific profile. This is especially useful if you want to run more than one instance of Firefox and want to avoid

- "Firefox is already running, but is not responding" error message
- Sharing of cookies, cache and other information between the different Firefox instances

Usage:
i = iim1.iimInit ("-fx -fxProfile MyProfile")

Important: The profile name is case sensitive and must match exactly how it is defined in Firefox.

For more information about Firefox profiles please see the Mozilla Profile Manager article.