wow so lost..copy and paste help

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
amdoch

wow so lost..copy and paste help

Post by amdoch » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:24 am

So i am totally lost..

All i am trying to do is:
1.have imacro go to a site and copy a line of text (one email address that is the only piece of text on the blank page)
2.have imacro go to another site and paste that email address into a simple form

Anybody here that could give me a pointer? :cry:
slamsal

Re: wow so lost..copy and paste help

Post by slamsal » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Please send me the details about the macro in my email address sanjivlamsal@hotmail.com. I will be more than happy to help you out.
Thank you!
Sanjiv Lamsal
sanjivlamsal@hotmail.com
Sanjiv Lamsal
iMacros Consultant
Duluth, MN USA
sanjivlamsal@hotmail.com
mknoll1

Re: wow so lost..copy and paste help

Post by mknoll1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:11 pm

THis is really pretty simple. Once you extract the value Iopus gives you {{!EXTRACT}} as a variable so you can use that wherever you need to use the E-mail address you used. The macro below extracts some text from the google homepage and then searches for that data. Your macro will do essentially the same thing.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=5100314     
TAB T=1     
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS    
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
URL GOTO=http://www.google.com/     
SIZE X=801 Y=602    
WAIT SECONDS=3
EXTRACT POS=1 TYPE=TXT ATTR=<P<SP>id=kbe<SP>style="DISPLAY:<SP>block;<SP>BEHAVIOR:<SP>url(#default#homePage)<SP>url(#default#userData)">*   
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:f ATTR=NAME:q CONTENT={{!EXTRACT}} 
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:f ATTR=NAME:btnI&&VALUE:I'm<SP>Feeling<SP>Lucky  
WAIT SECONDS=5