Help How to start in middle of macro

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
EdC

Help How to start in middle of macro

Post by EdC » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi

anyone know how to finish a macro without starting all over?

if for some reason the macro fails for logining into a website how do I continue without logging into all the previous websites I have over 50 to do and it is a pain to start the process over.
mknoll1

Re: Help How to start in middle of macro

Post by mknoll1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:34 pm

You should break the scripts into discrete units to do one site at a time. That way when one fails you can just fire up your process on macro #17 instead of starting at the top.
EdC

Post by EdC » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:16 pm

I have the macros broken into individual sites and I also have them grouped so the user does not have to keep clicking onto the next site

how do I make it run the next macro if I break them apart into their own units
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:52 pm

This page explains it http://wiki.imacros.net/Automation#Comm ... atch_Files

If you are running many scripts and one fails it just goes on to the next one so you don't even really have to run 17-50 if it hangs you can just run 17,32, and 46 that failed. If you do need to start it up again at script 17 then just edit your BAT file from this:

echo Start iMacros batch file
imacros -macro FormExampleMacro1
imacros -macro Check_Altavista1
imacros -macro Buy_Now!1
imacros -macro FormExampleMacro2
imacros -macro Check_Altavista2
imacros -macro Buy_Now!2
imacros -macro FormExampleMacro3
imacros -macro Check_Altavista3
imacros -macro Buy_Now!3
echo Done!

to this

echo Start iMacros batch file
imacros -macro Check_Altavista2
imacros -macro Buy_Now!2
imacros -macro FormExampleMacro3
imacros -macro Check_Altavista3
imacros -macro Buy_Now!3
echo Done!

You can do it in copies of your file so you keep the whole list intact for the next time you need to run it.
EdC

Post by EdC » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:24 pm

unfortunately I am running the free iMacros my understanding batch feature is for the paid verions

"Related example batch: Examples\Batch Files

The iMacros Browser (included in PRO and Scripting Edition) supports several command line options "

I guess without this upgrade this can't be done

thanks for your help
Henrik

Post by Henrik » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:01 pm

Hey EdC, I'm running the free one too, and if you want your macro to ignore an error that occurs and keep on going through the script, you could use:

Code: Select all

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
Put this code by itself on a line before the part where the error might occur. From this line on, any error that occurs will be automatically ignored and the script will keep running.

Edit: Hope I'm not too late lol. Kind of a big bump.