Input from multiple *.csv files

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jvdz

Input from multiple *.csv files

Post by jvdz » Wed May 03, 2006 2:32 pm

Hi,

is it possible to enter values from multiple csv-files, instead of one csv-file?

I use iOpus to extract flight related data and would like to use two different tables as input for a website, one table containing flight information and a table containing departure and arrival data. I own the PRO edition of iOpus. Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Jeroen
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu May 04, 2006 9:22 am

Hi,

it is not possible to read different csv files into one macro at the same time or in the same macro. So putting something like

Code: Select all

CMDLINE !DATASOURCE address.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 8
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
then some macro command, then

Code: Select all

CMDLINE !DATASOURCE horses.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 3
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
and some more macro command will not use data from horses.csv

I thought that you could split the macro, ie have one that navigates to the site and fills the parts from one csv file and then another macro which just reads the second csv file and fills the value in and presses submit, or whatever it is you do after filling in the forms. Even thought you could do the looping in a batch file, you would run into a problem. When you call iMacros through a batch file, the program is shut down after completion of the macro. Thus, if your first macro does the filling correctly, once the second macro is started, there is no open window to continue filling.

With the Scripting Edition, this problem can be avoided because there you call macros in succession without closing Macros in between.

Sorry, I realize that this is not really good news for you.

Regards
---
Lasse Clausen
jvdz

Post by jvdz » Thu May 04, 2006 11:37 am

Thank you for your reply,

It's unfortunately too expensive to upgrade to the scripting edition, I'll try to find another solution, thanks!

Regards, Jeroen
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri May 05, 2006 8:55 am

Hi,

just as a little side note, if you ugrade from a "smaller" to a "bigger" version of imacros you only pay the difference in price.

Regards
---
Lasse Clausen, iOpus Support