Java Applet - filling data in

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
pacman

Java Applet - filling data in

Post by pacman » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:43 pm

Just playing with the product, i opened up a yahoo java game session to try to enter text in the comment field and have it appear in the lounge.

it maps the position but fails to enter any text.. am i missing something or shouldn't it insert the text?

I'm looking for something that will allow me to test our help desk chat sessions (which are java based) but this product doesn't appear to insert the text at the field position.

for this test, i logged into yahoo games, the euchre room and just ran this really simple script which points at the text entry line.

VERSION BUILD=4310722
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
URL GOTO=http://games.yahoo.com/games/ante?room= ... =chat_pf_1
SIZE X=801 Y=602
WINCLICK X=-94 Y=429 CONTENT=t{ENTER}e{ENTER}s{ENTER}t{ENTER}

thanks
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:58 pm

You macro contains three general issues:

1. WINCLICK coordinates can not be negative. Probably you clicked outsite the browser during recording-

2. The ENTER command should be used only once after the complete text is entered.

3. You need a WAIT statement to wait for the Java applet to be loaded. Or use the Image Recognition Plugin http://www.iopus.com/iim/irp/ to avoid the use of WAIT statements: The Image Recognition Plugin can "look" at the page and "see" once the Java applet is loaded.

This is the macro I recorded:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=4310722     
TAB T=1     
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS     
URL GOTO=http://games.yahoo.com/games/ante?room=euchre_q&prof_id=chat_pf_1     
SIZE X=644 Y=471
WAIT SECONDS=2    
WINCLICK X=134 Y=337 CONTENT=test{ENTER}
This macro sets the focus on the input box, but does not enter the text "test". This seems to be a strange issue with this specific Java applet and I forwarded it to our development team for further investigation.

If you are a registered user, please send me your license key at support2 (at) iopus.com for priority support.

Ann
pacman

same issue..

Post by pacman » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:56 pm

I can see it setting the focus in the right spot, i did try with the image recognition program also.

i could see it focus on the line, but no text would be entered.

I tried about 15 different times, but none of them would enter text

Please let me know what comes out of your escalation, if this issue can be resolved, i will definitely be purchasing copies for company use.

thanks