Cannot record vox.com

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Ruriko

Cannot record vox.com

Post by Ruriko » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 am

I'm trying to record where I input stuff in the comment form and imacros seems to not record the content I input to the comment form but it just records it as FRAME F=3. Here's the site http://dyslexicgranolayolk.vox.com/libr ... mment-form . How can I make it input stuff into the comment form?
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: Cannot record vox.com

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Hello,

I think you will need to use DirectScreen on this rich-text editor. Note however, that this technology is only available on iMacros Browser and Internet Explorer plugin.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support
Ruriko

Post by Ruriko » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 am

Using DirectScreen won't do cause each vox page the text editor is positioned differently. Any other solution?
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Ruriko wrote:Using DirectScreen won't do cause each vox page the text editor is positioned differently. Any other solution?
Hello,

Yes, it will, because absolute positioning isn't a requirment in DS. Here is an example:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=6500125 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://dyslexicgranolayolk.vox.com/library/post/why-nirvana-matters-and-no-kids-today-care.html#comment-form
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:comment-editor
DS CMD=LDOWN X={{!TAGX}} Y={{!TAGY}}
DS CMD=LUP X={{!TAGX}} Y={{!TAGY}}
DS CMD=KEY CONTENT=BLAH<SP>BLAH<SP>BLAH
Best regards,
Daniel
Daniel, iOpus Support
coolcocky

Post by coolcocky » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:50 pm

thanks, this helped me also