problem with frames -- works in browser, fails in IE plugin

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Post Reply
rmilling
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 8:42 pm

problem with frames -- works in browser, fails in IE plugin

Post by rmilling » Thu May 25, 2006 4:31 am

The iMacros browser and the IE browser with iMacros plugin deal with frames, differently. I am extracting data from or inputing data to fields in FRAME F=16 on a page. This consistently fails when playing the macro with the IE browser and iMacros plugin -- error frame F=16 not found. The same macro plays correctly every time when using the iMacros browser. I tried this with the Scripting edition license and with the Player license. This seems like a bug in the iMacros plugin to me, and a serious one with respect to my needs as I need frames to work with the IE plug and the Player key.
Note: When I insert WAIT SECONDS=#DOWNLOADCOMPETED# as described in the documentation, the macro waits forever at the wait statement. It seems that the IE plugin parses the frame information differently and incorrectly whereas the iMacros browser does not.
QUESTIONS: Is there a plugin fix for this? How can I ensure that I am running the latest plugin?
User avatar
Tech Support
Posts: 4948
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:25 pm
Contact:

Post by Tech Support » Fri May 26, 2006 9:08 am

Hi,

I have tested the situation you described and I cannot reproduce the behaviour you described. I set up a simple document with 25 frames and a macro extracting and filling data from every frame, and it worked fine in both iMacros Brwoser and the IE.

It could be that the problem you describe only occurs in more complicated frame setups, like nested frames. Therefore it would be very helpful if you could post the HTML source of the website with the frame layout, so I can test with that.

Regards
---
Lasse Clausen, iOpus Support
rmilling
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 8:42 pm

Post by rmilling » Fri May 26, 2006 12:08 pm

Thanks for the help.

I think you are correct about this being a problem only with more complicated frame structures. I went back over our testing records and discovered that this was working fine, previously -- iMacros browser and IE plugin both worked with the frames, correctly. Over the past two weeks there were minor changes to the site (e.g. a few new fields were added to the frame that I am trying to use) and my development setup changed from the iMacros trial license to a real scripting edition license.

The site is an internal site and makes some use of javascript. I will capture the html source and forward that to you by email.
Post Reply