Want to submit url to multiple bookmarking sites

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
simpleonline1234

Want to submit url to multiple bookmarking sites

Post by simpleonline1234 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:40 pm

I was tinkering with Visual Basic for a while to try to create an application with about 30 social bookmarking sites like slashdot, digg, etc....i heard about iMacros and I've created my first macro with Slashdot but how do I go about making the macro editable so that I can enter easily change the url that i want to bookmark?

Also if I have lets say 30 macros for 30 sites is there a way to tie them all together to run one after another by just changing the url or do I manually run each macro?

Thanks
coolcocky

Re: Want to submit url to multiple bookmarking sites

Post by coolcocky » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:30 pm

hi,

you can do bookmarking at 30 sites or more by using scripting edition of imacros and use any language to send variables to imacros. Also, another way is to use firefox addon with javascript

just my 2 cents

regards,

cool
simpleonline1234

Post by simpleonline1234 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:25 pm

When you say you can use any language and toss some variables at iMacros are you saying that you can use iMacros from something like say Visual Basic?
Daniel, Tech Support

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:59 pm

Hello,

The answer to your last question is yes. Here are some tutorials.

Best regards,
Daniel, iOpus Support