Sign in with Google Account Switcher Popup

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
VsUK

Post by VsUK » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:26 pm

I've been using a script that signs me into a website using my google sign in method, which has been working great, because it only requires clicking sign in with google & it auto logs me in. However, I have since linked a 2nd google account to chrome & now every time the script clicks sign in with google, it brings up a pop up window to select which google account to sign in with, or the create a new account. Now, the problem I have is that Imacro doesn't seem to recognise that pop up window. I've clicked everywhere & still it records nothing.

So my question is, how can I get Imacro to recognise the pop up window & click the correct gmail account to sign in with? Because I've tried everything I know, which isn't much to no avail.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by chivracq on Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited Thread Title...
chivracq

Re: Imacro & sign in with google window

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:57 am

VsUK wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:26 pm
I've been using a script that signs me into a website using my google sign in method, which has been working great, because it only requires clicking sign in with google & it auto logs me in. However, I have since linked a 2nd google account to chrome & now every time the script clicks sign in with google, it brings up a pop up window to select which google account to sign in with, or the create a new account. Now, the problem I have is that Imacro doesn't seem to recognise that pop up window. I've clicked everywhere & still it records nothing.

So my question is, how can I get Imacro to recognise the pop up window & click the correct gmail account to sign in with? Because I've tried everything I know, which isn't much to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah hum..., rather Low Quality Thread, a bit surprising from a User from 2008...!? :shock: :roll:

>>>

Hum, joined the Forum in 2008 (Compliment, you are one of the "Dinoz"...!), but hum, any chance you could spell "iMacros" a bit correctly, after 13 year...!?, you still manage to squeeze 3 Typos in that 7-Letter Word, oops...! :shock: :roll:

+ Maybe an Idea to read the Forum Rules also "one day"...!? :idea:
=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

>>>

+ Thread has very probably nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, a "strange" Story about a 'Google' Account (from a quick Reading, FCI not mentioned, I don't (really) read, sorry, this is a Tech Forum... :idea: ), try to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread... :idea:

But OK, don't worry too much about that one (for this time), I will move your Thread to the correct Sub-Forum, if needed, => after I've read it, => after you've mentioned your FCI... 8) :idea:

>>>

And hum, registered since 2008, => 27 Post, but the first 2 (previous) Threads of yours that I check, you never followed up on both of them...( [1] and [2] ), while @TechSup tried to help you at that time (2011), which was the "easy-happy" Time for Users, now (2021), it's (Advanced) Users helping Users (hum, you should be one of those Helping Advanced Users btw... :wink: ), I don't even check all your previous Threads, but make sure you follow(ed) up on all those Threads and finish(ed) them "neatly" with a Solution/Script shared... (or I usually don't help (anymore/again)...)... :idea:
(And deleting their older Posts/Threads would be a "Show-Killer" for me to help Users... :idea: )

>>>

=> Hum..., you still have some "Work" to do, ah-ah...! :idea:

=> Yep indeed, that was not "a very good Start", 10 years after your last "Participation" on the Forum... :P
But tja...!, TechForum = Karma-Forum...! => Provide some "Quality" and (Advanced) Users will help you... :idea: :P

[Hum, I feel a bit like a "Moron", but I guess I'm still your "Best Friend" :P , and Best Hope for Help..., but please, improve "a bit" the Quality of your Post(s)/Thread(s)... :idea: ]

>>>

Oops Sorry, I forgot one...:
Thread Title: => I don't understand what you mean with "google window"...!? => Could you explain...? :?

'Google' is a Company, a Website and a Search Engine, so "Company Window", "(specific) Website Window" or "Search Engine Window" all make no sense..., explain what you mean, and adapt/edit your Thread Title to be a bit more explanatory/precise, please... :idea:

If you are looking for the Name of the Browser, it is "Chrome", not "Google"... (Or do you call ["Firefox" => "Mozilla"]...?, or ["Safari" => "Apple"]...?, or ["IE"/"Edge"/"CrEdge" => "Bing" or "Microsoft"]...? :? )
Then yep, "Browser Window", that makes sense indeed..., well..., a bit...:
And even for a Browser, the Word "Window" is only "correct" if you use only 1 Profile and only 1 Instance of the Browser within that (usually the 'Default') Profile, and in the sense of opening a "New Window", otherwise "Instance" is the correct Word to use... :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:30 pm

Hum, alright, I did read your Post after all, and I now understand what you mean with "google window", => "Google Account Switcher Popup", => a "better" (= more Descriptive) Thread Title would be for example:
"Sign in with Google Account Switcher Popup"
("iMacros" has no Use in a Thread Title, absolutely all Threads on the Forum are all about "iMacros", ah-ah...! :P )

And the Thread has indeed nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum...!
(I will wait until you've seen my Replies and (hopefully) reacted/followed up, and will move your Thread to the 'General' Sub-Forum where it belongs...)

Then I don't know, FCI not mentioned, but try using the 'EVENT' Mode if the Version you are using supports this Mode... :idea:
Thread opened in the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, so I guess you are probably using iMacros for CR v10.1.0 (which supports the 'EVENT' Mode), and "I've tried everything I know" is a bit vague, we cannot guess what "you know", ah-ah...! :? :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 am

Hum...:
Username: VsUK
Last active: 29/07/2021 - 00:23

But still no Feedback / Follow-up about 3 Days later, while you've seen/checked my Reply(ies) (from your 'Last active' Status), then OK, fair enough..., was probably to "expect" from the Behaviour on the Forum from 10 years ago, and I only checked the last 2 Threads..., I was "hoping" I would be wrong, that People "could change", oops, silly me, I put "too much Trust" in People, ah-ah...! :oops: :(

>>>

FMI: I won't try to help this User anymore... :!:

>>>

[And I moved the Thread from the 'iMacros for CR' to the 'General' Sub-Forum... :| ]

>>>

@User, next time you open a Thread in the "wrong" Sub-Forum, I will move it directly to the "correct" one without "Warning"... :!:
See you again in 2031, or later...! :P

>>>

Hum, and I still find the Scenario "interesting" for the Forum, => I've edited all Posts with the Thread Title I had "suggested", except my first Reply, to keep a mini-Track of the original (not very descriptive) Thread Title...
=> New Thread Title (by @chivracq): "Sign in with Google Account Switcher Popup" 8)
FrankieT

Re: Sign in with Google Account Switcher Popup

Post by FrankieT » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:24 pm

Hi, I cannot believe what I have just read within what I see as a totally clear question! Call this help when the poor questionnaire was simply asking a straight forward question as to how do I get the imacro to recognise the correct information in the pop up window..... you should be ashamed!!!

Anyway, rant over.... so what drew my attention to this question was something along the very same line whereby a pop-up window occurs asking for a further action on top of the initial URL so how do you ask the imacro to recognise the second, shall we call it sub URL to then carry out the selection on that sub URL please?

Thanks in advance.

Frank
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:30 pm

FrankieT wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:24 pm
Hi, I cannot believe what I have just read within what I see as a totally clear question! Call this help when the poor questionnaire was simply asking a straight forward question as to how do I get the imacro to recognise the correct information in the pop up window..... you should be ashamed!!!

Anyway, rant over.... so what drew my attention to this question was something along the very same line whereby a pop-up window occurs asking for a further action on top of the initial URL so how do you ask the imacro to recognise the second, shall we call it sub URL to then carry out the selection on that sub URL please?

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Hum, I guess the "you should be ashamed!!!" part is meant for me..., oops...! :o , then OK..., I re-read the whole Thread, ... and nope, not ashamed, ah-ah...! :P

FCI not mentioned, => I didn't/don't read the Post, the only Info I had was a completely unclear Thread Title ("Imacro & sign in with google window", still visible in my 1st Reply) where "google window" doesn't mean anything, ("Google" is a Company or a Search Engine, and a "Window" is a Browser Instance, I can't combine the 2 "Concepts" to come up with stg that makes sense to me... :oops: , where the only meaningful Info was "sign in"), + 3 Typos in "iMacros", ah-ah...!, and a Thread (that was) opened in the "wrong" Sub-Forum... And "all that" by a User who had been using iMacros since 2008, ... and should be able to answer all Threads on the Forum (but never bothered to follow up on any of their Threads), and never tried to help any other User(s), so nope, I'm not ashamed... I can "bash" some Users "sometimes" when I get a bit "irritated" by Low Quality, but I'm by far the most active Helper on the Forum... :|

And you probably managed to find this Thread thanks to the (much more) descriptive Title I gave it, or you probably wouldn't be here... :wink:

>>>

Then OK, you should also read the Forum Rules...: :idea:
=> CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig also...)

Your Scenario is also pretty vague, not much I and any other Advanced Users will be able to do to help you, I'm afraid, "we" need a Script posted, and the URL of the Site to be able to "have a look" by ourselves and to do some Testing on the Site and understand its "Workflow"... What is "clear" to you is maybe not clear to us if we don't understand what you are talking about until "seeing" it by ourselves... :idea:

... Or maybe the @OP will "get motivated" to follow up, and to share their Solution, if they managed to solve their Issue... :idea: :P 8)
FrankieT

Post by FrankieT » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:06 am

Hi, thanks for your reply and no I wasn't getting at you it was whoever was replying... anyway onto more important matters :)

Basically, having given it some more thought the MetaMask wallet pop-up window whilst I am compounding my assets is outside of the URL domain and this will be why the imacro recording will not recognise and include it. I feel I need to find out how to redirect the recording to the pop-up window somehow. Is this something you have come across in the past?

Kind regards

Frank
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:12 am

FrankieT wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:06 am
Hi, thanks for your reply and no I wasn't getting at you it was whoever was replying... anyway onto more important matters :)

Basically, having given it some more thought the MetaMask wallet pop-up window whilst I am compounding my assets is outside of the URL domain and this will be why the imacro recording will not recognise and include it. I feel I need to find out how to redirect the recording to the pop-up window somehow. Is this something you have come across in the past?

Kind regards

Frank

OK, well, FCI still not mentioned, no Script no URL, then same "generic" Advice like to @OP, => try using the 'EVENT' Mode, or 'DS' Mode, or 'IMAGESEARCH' Mode, depending on which Browser you are using...

And I don't/didn't know what "MetaMask wallet" means/meant, sounds like a Bitcoin Wallet, (I don't help for Bitcoins btw), but at least I have a Name, ... and indeed 'MetaMask' turns out to be a Bitcoin Wallet Add-on/Extension, available for Chrome or Mobile, => OK, only available for CR in combination with iMacros, (sounds like a complete "Rip-off" btw, from reading the Reviews, ah-ah...!).

=> Playing "little Detective", that tells us some Info about your FCI:
iMacros for CR v10.1.1, 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial'...?, CR102...?, OS...?

But anyway, if that 'MetaMask' "Thing" is a Browser Add-on/Extension (=> "Extension" if Browser=CR, "Add-on" is "Firefox" Terminology), then nope, it's not "going to work" with iMacros, as iMacros cannot access and "interfere" with another Browser Extension, and none of the Modes I mentioned earlier are going to be able to record anything... iMacros can only access/record/replay Web-Content, not some Popup powered by some Extension.
=> Automation from within the Browser itself will not work, you would need to script/automate at some "higher" Level than the Browser, => at the OS Level, => using 'AutoIt' or 'AHK' for example..., at least for including the part/Functionality you want with this Extension... :oops:

... And your "Case"/Scenario is then different from the "original" Case from the @OP in this Thread, as I think the 'Google Account Switcher Popup' they meant is rather a HTML Popup (triggered from a Webpage), and that iMacros should be able to automate, I don't think that/"their" Popup was coming from a Browser Add-on/Extension...
FrankieT

Post by FrankieT » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:54 pm

Thank you :)