Macro freezes if URL fails to load

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
speedz84

Re: Macro freezes if URL fails to load

Post by speedz84 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:17 pm

Can someone please make a fix to imacros from the programming team to stop pausing the script when a "Navigation Error" occurs? This keeps constantly happening when the connection goes down the script gets paused until you manually refresh and I do have !ERRORIGNORE YES

How to replicate: 1. Leave a script running, 2. Turn on a VPN. 3. While the VPN turns on the computer for 2-3 seconds the browser which is working on the macro just pauses and will not continue until you manually refresh the page.

You guys need to update the code in iMacros for it to stop pausing when any connection problem occurs.

Check my screenshot and my last post up
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (20.77 KiB) Viewed 6008 times
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:15 pm

speedz84 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:17 pm
Can someone please make a fix to imacros from the programming team to stop pausing the script when a "Navigation Error" occurs? This keeps constantly happening when the connection goes down the script gets paused until you manually refresh and I do have !ERRORIGNORE YES

How to replicate: 1. Leave a script running, 2. Turn on a VPN. 3. While the VPN turns on the computer for 2-3 seconds the browser which is working on the macro just pauses and will not continue until you manually refresh the page.

You guys need to update the code in iMacros for it to stop pausing when any connection problem occurs.

Check my screenshot and my last post up
Hi speedz, sorry for the late reply, the forum notification emails have only been working intermittently since the beginning of the year (issue is currently under investigation) and I am only seeing your latest posts now. Thanks for providing the screenshots and further details surrounding this issue. I have logged all of the information for the development team, however, current efforts are primarily focused on updates to the iMacros browser so I cannot say when exactly this will be addressed in the iMacros extensions, but I will keep you posted here when I have further news to report.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
carolinokim

Post by carolinokim » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:54 pm

VERSION BUILD=1011 TRIAL VERSION
Windows 10 64 bit
Chrome Version 106.0.5249.103

Hello, any update on this bug?

I also recently posted this kind of thread but will delete it later to avoid duplicates, sorry i didn't notice this thread first before making one.

I also encountered this kind of bug whenever I ran the script overnight. Those error gets only continue when I refresh the page manual when I get up from bed which simply means that the task or loop didn't finish what exactly I set that night.

It stuck in different scenarios
1. In the line where URL GOTO is, or
2. After the line URL GOTO then next line stuck with TAG command.

Code: Select all

RuntimeError: Page loading timeout, URL:https//*, line: X
In my case, I am using different chrome profile to finish the task immediately, if I will loop the script for 100x and open 4 different profile in chrome then I will divide 100x to 4 profile and I will get 25 loop each. 1-25, 26-50, 51-75, 76-100. I tested this for over 3 days and mostly 2 out of this profile will successfully finish the loop while the other 2 are not because of "stuck issue in url goto". Even I tried to use only 1 profile in chrome to run the 100x loop I still encourage the same issue.

Is there any command we can insert before or after the URL GOTO so that it will continue no matter what happen. I also set my errorignore to YES but didn't combat the issue. I'm thinking if putting an statement command after the line wherein if it reach 60second of waiting time then refresh the page until it loads completely OR if it reach 60seconds then repeat the loop until it gets completed successfully.