Script not working correctly after upgrade to Imacros 14

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
databasepro

Script not working correctly after upgrade to Imacros 14

Post by databasepro » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:13 pm

I have a script which has been working perfectly for many years in Imacros version 12 in Internet Explorer on Windows 10 and earlier.

I had a necessity to upgrade to Windows 11 which, of course, no longer has Internet Explorer.

I downloaded the trial for Imacros 14. When trying the Professional version with the built in browser, my older script works correctly.

When I try to run my older script as an extension for Chrome or Firefox for Windows Personal Edition, it works except for one important detail. My script goes to a particular website and extracts rows from the website. When it gets to the bottom of the first webpage, it should then use the next button at the bottom of the webpage and go to the next page and loop back to the top and proceed down that page, continuing until it reaches the last page of data.

The part that is not working now, is that it does not go to the next page. It just goes back to the top of the first page it is on and then continues down that page for as many times as I have told it to loop.

Here is the line of code which tells it to "click" on the control to go to the next page:

URL GOTO=javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl00$PageBody$PageContent$DataPager1$ctl02$ctl00','');

I checked the code behind the button and the doPostBack is exactly as above. It seems that Imacros just skips this line of code and doesn't even see it. Again, this is only happening in the Chrome and Firefox extensions but work fine in the browser built in to the Professional Edition.

Any ideas as to why the macro just skips over this last line in the macro and just goes back up to the top of the macro without going to the next page?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Script not working correctly after upgrade to Imacros 14

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:02 pm

This user reached out via another channel and informed that they were able to resolve the problem on their own.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support