trying to trigger a second macro from inside of a different macro

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
supermac555

trying to trigger a second macro from inside of a different macro

Post by supermac555 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:48 am

Hello All,

Version info:
10.1.1 version of imacros extension on latest version of chrome 100.0.4896.127 windows 10 (enterprise trial edition of imacros with file access enabled in Chrome)

I am using this command to attempt to run one macro after another one finishes:
"URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=funky.iim"

But it just continues loading the "page" instead of executing the second macro.

Any recommendations?

Thank You!
chivracq

Re: trying to trigger a second macro from inside of a different macro

Post by chivracq » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:26 am

supermac555 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:48 am
Hello All,

Version info:

Code: Select all

10.1.1 version of imacros extension on latest version of chrome 100.0.4896.127 windows 10 (enterprise trial edition of imacros with file access enabled in Chrome)
I am using this command to attempt to run one macro after another one finishes:

URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=funky.iim
But it just continues loading the "page" instead of executing the second macro.

Any recommendations?

Thank You!

Alright, welcome to the Forum, but hum, "take it easy" with the Forum, you kind of got me a "fulltime job", ah-ah...!, by opening 5 Threads in 20 min (with 1 Duplicate that I disapproved), you should have waited a bit until you get some Feedback in case you do "stg wrong", like opening Threads in the wrong Sub-Forum, which is the case for your Threads about Installation Issues/Qt's, we have a dedicated Sub-Forum about Installation Qt's/Issues that very often only @TechSup can answer, so I ended up approving the 4 remaining Threads in bulk, but @TechSup won't get a Notif about the Installation Threads, so you may want to recreate those Threads in the "correct" Sub-Forum (and to delete the Original ones afterwards)... :idea:
I could move them from one Sub-Forum to another one, but @TechSup won't get any Notif about "a New Thread"..., so it's "better" if you recreate them yourself... (And I'm only talking about your Threads (=2) about Installation Issues, don't go recreating all Threads in that Sub-Forum..., or I'll consider that "Spam"... :!: )

>>>

OK, concerning this one, a quick Reply (as it is 03h30 at night for me on a late Saturday evening :P , and I don't feel like doing some "heavy Thinking" right now :shock: ), but the Func you want is very similar like the one in a recent Thread and especially this Post in it with the Thread I linked to in that Post... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
supermac555

Re: trying to trigger a second macro from inside of a different macro

Post by supermac555 » Sun May 01, 2022 2:00 am

Hello Chivracq,

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! Okay, so I followed the directions in the similar post you linked and I am experimenting with it. I am getting stuck after reading through the recommended script here. I am trying to find what directory the "criimlaunch" file that it is referencing is located if it is indeed its own file so I can replace it, make adjustments etc. Any ideas?

<html>
     <body onload="window.setTimeout('document.getElementById(\'criimlaunch\').click();', 1000);">

<script>
           var e_m64 = "[b]UFJPTVBUJTIwSEVMTE8hJTBBVVJMJTIwR09UTyUzRGh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZpbWFjcm9zLm5ldCUyRiUwQVBST01QVCUyMEJZRSE[/b]";
        </script>

<a id="criimlaunch" href="javascript:(function() {try{if(!/^(?:chrome|https?|file)/.test(location)){alert('iMacros: Open webpage to run a macro.');return;}
           var macro = {};macro.source = decodeURIComponent(atob(e_m64));macro.name = 'MacroBookmarklet';
           var evt = document.createEvent('CustomEvent');evt.initCustomEvent('iMacrosRunMacro', true, true, macro);
           window.dispatchEvent(evt);}catch(e){alert('iMacros Bookmarklet error: '+e.toString());}}) ();">Launch iMacros</a>

</body>
 </html>