Getting a Dialogue from Chrome, can't get rid of it

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
BLiTzKrIeGx1337

Getting a Dialogue from Chrome, can't get rid of it

Post by BLiTzKrIeGx1337 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:37 pm

Win 10
CR 102.0.5005.115
iM 1011 PE

Part of a macro I run requires a file to get deleted so that it can be replaced with a new file, formerly this was done on IE11, but with the browser reaching it's EOL tomorrow, the site I work on received an update and now no longer works on IE, so I'm now attempting to move that portion of the Macro that handles file uploading to Chrome, however the site is sending a popup when I attempt to the file that says: "Are you sure you want to delete this file?"

I have no way to hit "Ok" on it from what I've tried, it's created by the browser, not the web page, so iMacros can't interact with it.

I tried using the Event Recorder to hit Enter

Code: Select all

EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR=* KEY=13
But that didn't work because the notification needs to be focused, creating a Point at the coordinate doesn't seem to work sense iMacros just pretends its not there.

ONDIALOG and ONWEBPAGEDIALOG does not work in Chrome.

I also downloaded iMacros CR on Edge just as a last hail marry but of course it has all the same functionality as iMacros CR sense that's all it is.

I'm out of options sense file uploading won't work on Firefox, and both deleting and uploading the files have to be done in the same instance.

Also blocking notifications and popups doesn't work, but even if it did I would think the problem would still persist sense it wants to confirm the file deletion.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
chivracq

Re: Getting a Dialogue from Chrome, can't get rid of it

Post by chivracq » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:41 pm

BLiTzKrIeGx1337 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:37 pm

Win 10
CR 102.0.5005.115
iM 1011 PE
Part of a macro I run requires a file to get deleted so that it can be replaced with a new file, formerly this was done on IE11, but with the browser reaching it's EOL tomorrow, the site I work on received an update and now no longer works on IE, so I'm now attempting to move that portion of the Macro that handles file uploading to Chrome, however the site is sending a popup when I attempt to the file that says: "Are you sure you want to delete this file?"

I have no way to hit "Ok" on it from what I've tried, it's created by the browser, not the web page, so iMacros can't interact with it.

I tried using the Event Recorder to hit Enter

But that didn't work because the notification needs to be focused, creating a Point at the coordinate doesn't seem to work sense iMacros just pretends its not there.

ONDIALOG and ONWEBPAGEDIALOG does not work in Chrome.

I also downloaded iMacros CR on Edge just as a last hail marry but of course it has all the same functionality as iMacros CR sense that's all it is.

I'm out of options sense file uploading won't work on Firefox, and both deleting and uploading the files have to be done in the same instance.

Also blocking notifications and popups doesn't work, but even if it did I would think the problem would still persist sense it wants to confirm the file deletion.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Ah-hum...!, I don't completely/exactly understand the "Workflow" of your Scenario...:
You have some Local File, => that gets uploaded to the Site, => and then you delete the Local File...(?) [Correct...?]

But hum..., how do you delete that Local File...? The `FILEDELETE` Command is not supported in v10.x for CR, according to the Wiki, or is it...!? :?

Even if `FILEDELETE` works in v10.1.1 for CR, (+ 'FIO' Module for Local File Access from the 'PE' Version, + "Allow Access to Local Files" Setting enabled in CR), starting with v9.0.3 for FF (I think...), that Command would (by Design) only work on Files located in the Default 'Downloads' iMacros Folder, and nowhere else, I would suppose that "Limitation" (by Design) to also work in the same way for all other Versions that were released in the last 4 or 5 years, I "think"..., => v10.x for FF + v10.x for CR + iMB v14.x, not sure about iMB v12.5... :!:

>>>

Then I would have some "Ideas" / possible Workarounds, but I would first like to understand how you delete your File...? :?

+ Do you launch your Script "manually" from inside the Browser, or does it get started from the Win10 'Task Scheduler'...?
Oh...!, "stupid" Question, I guess, v10.x for FF+CR don't "really" support Command Line Control of the Browser/iMacros Script, oops...! :P
But I still ask as there are some "cumbersome" Ways to still do it... :P
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
BLiTzKrIeGx1337

Re: Getting a Dialogue from Chrome, can't get rid of it

Post by BLiTzKrIeGx1337 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:02 pm

chivracq wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:41 pm

Ah-hum...!, I don't completely/exactly understand the "Workflow" of your Scenario...:
You have some Local File, => that gets uploaded to the Site, => and then you delete the Local File...(?) [Correct...?]

But hum..., how do you delete that Local File...? The `FILEDELETE` Command is not supported in v10.x for CR, according to the Wiki, or is it...!? :?

Even if `FILEDELETE` works in v10.1.1 for CR, (+ 'FIO' Module for Local File Access from the 'PE' Version, + "Allow Access to Local Files" Setting enabled in CR), starting with v9.0.3 for FF (I think...), that Command would (by Design) only work on Files located in the Default 'Downloads' iMacros Folder, and nowhere else, I would suppose that "Limitation" (by Design) to also work in the same way for all other Versions that were released in the last 4 or 5 years, I "think"..., => v10.x for FF + v10.x for CR + iMB v14.x, not sure about iMB v12.5... :!:

>>>

Then I would have some "Ideas" / possible Workarounds, but I would first like to understand how you delete your File...? :?

+ Do you launch your Script "manually" from inside the Browser, or does it get started from the Win10 'Task Scheduler'...?
Oh...!, "stupid" Question, I guess, v10.x for FF+CR don't "really" support Command Line Control of the Browser/iMacros Script, oops...! :P
But I still ask as there are some "cumbersome" Ways to still do it... :P
Right I can see how I wasn't clear enough, apologies. I'm deleting an old file that is stored on the site, and then uploading an updated version of the file.

This is just a portion of the script, the whole thing is about 150 lines, this is just the part pertaining to the issue.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ctl00_C_M_ctl00_W_StartNavigationTemplateContainerID_Button1
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:IMAGE FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ctl00_C_M_ctl00_W_ctl02_FilesAddedToJob1_FileRepeater_ctl01_UF_DEL /Deleting the old file/
Right here is where the Delete Confirmation popup appears, followed by my attempt to get rid of it.

WAIT SECONDS=5
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:FILE FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ctl00_C_M_ctl00_W_ctl02_Fileupload1_htmlInputFileUpload CONTENT={{!COL20}} /Adding the new file/
WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ctl00_C_M_ctl00_W_ctl02_Fileupload1_ButtonUpload
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAB T=1
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:aspnetForm ATTR=ID:ctl00_ctl00_C_M_ctl00_W_StepNavigationTemplateContainerID_ctl00_BtnSaveAndExit
WAIT SECONDS=5
It doesn't error out, the upload does take place, the issue is that the old file isn't removed as it is supposed to be, because the confirmation isn't answered, so there are now 2 files stored, I can't keep the old file because it will cause confusion when someone attempts to retrieve the file.