Opening iMacro script using Task Scheduler

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
malvin3

Opening iMacro script using Task Scheduler

Post by malvin3 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:52 pm

Version of iMacros: 10.1.1
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 bit
Browser: Google Chrome
The included demo works well + custom that I create

Hello there, I've been using iMacros for around 3 years now and always have liked the features that magically works for me in order to fast forward some of my daily tasks.
Before jumping into my request/query, I would like to inform I did search google and the forum to find answer for my particular query but I am more like lost of what I should be actually looking for.

I need help to automate a small task that will run daily at a specific time.
I already have the code code that I've recorded in iMacros and it works fine.

Now in order to make it run daily at a particular time, I am using Windows Task Scheduler to open google chrome.
After opening google chrome through task scheduler, I was clueless of how to open iMacros/extensions and hence I looked around here and there. I came across something called bookmarklet and even came across a video(old iMacros) where I found an user was able to use move the imacro code to bookmark and then placed an argument in the task scheduler.

I am able to drag and move the iMacro code to the bookmark but the url it shows becomes a Javascript function (sorry if it's not a function)
I used the URL of that iMacro code as argument but it lead to something else, to be more specific a bunch of tabs opened up and broke the code into slices.

So my question is, what argument should I pass to Task scheduler so that after opening Google Chrome, it runs the particular macro I already have recorded in iMacros ? :idea:

I really appreciate anyone who can help me or guide me how to achieve it.

Malvin, xoxo.
malvin3

Re: Opening iMacro script using Task Scheduler

Post by malvin3 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:19 am

Bump! If anyone has any clue on this one please? :)