TAG EXTRACT Command in Chrome Beta V2

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mashour

TAG EXTRACT Command in Chrome Beta V2

Post by mashour » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Hey, I just got the iMacros V2 Beta for Chrome. I'm using Chome v4.

A test script I'm running includes some EXTRACT commands in the TAG command e.g.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=CLASS:selected&&TXT:*Mike<SP>Myers* EXTRACT=TXT

In Firefox and IE the same command will give me a pop up with the extracted text if it's found and an error code if it's not, which is exactly what I want.

In Chrome, however, I get no visible output. When I dug deeper I found that the output was being logged to the JavaScript console in Chrome (under Developer Tools). In the console, I'm getting lines like this:

element LI specified by CLASS:selected&&TXT:*Mike<SP>Myers* was not found

That's serviceable, but is there any way to get a pop up or some immediate visible output like FF and IE???

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Tech Support

Re: TAG EXTRACT Command in Chrome Beta V2

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Thank you for this useful suggestion! I made an internal ticket for it (cr108).

iMacros for Chrome V2.0 is under active development, and such suggestions are very useful for us.
mashour

Re: TAG EXTRACT Command in Chrome Beta V2

Post by mashour » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:53 pm

No problem. Does the Chrome Beta auto-update so that I can get the feature when it's added?

Thank you guys for iMacros btw...it's a great time saver for automated functional testing of web user interfaces and I'm planning to integrate it into my test plans for future projects.