TAG EXTRACT Command in Chrome Beta V2

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mashour

TAG EXTRACT Command in Chrome Beta V2

Post by mashour » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Hey, I just got the iMacros V2 Beta for Chrome. I'm using Chome v4.

A test script I'm running includes some EXTRACT commands in the TAG command e.g.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=CLASS:selected&&TXT:*Mike<SP>Myers* EXTRACT=TXT

In Firefox and IE the same command will give me a pop up with the extracted text if it's found and an error code if it's not, which is exactly what I want.

In Chrome, however, I get no visible output. When I dug deeper I found that the output was being logged to the JavaScript console in Chrome (under Developer Tools). In the console, I'm getting lines like this:

element LI specified by CLASS:selected&&TXT:*Mike<SP>Myers* was not found

That's serviceable, but is there any way to get a pop up or some immediate visible output like FF and IE???

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Tech Support

Re: TAG EXTRACT Command in Chrome Beta V2

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Thank you for this useful suggestion! I made an internal ticket for it (cr108).

iMacros for Chrome V2.0 is under active development, and such suggestions are very useful for us.
mashour

Re: TAG EXTRACT Command in Chrome Beta V2

Post by mashour » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:53 pm

No problem. Does the Chrome Beta auto-update so that I can get the feature when it's added?

Thank you guys for iMacros btw...it's a great time saver for automated functional testing of web user interfaces and I'm planning to integrate it into my test plans for future projects.