How and where could add java script for Google-Imacros use

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
gokul

How and where could add java script for Google-Imacros use

Post by gokul » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:57 am

Hi There,
I have Firefox Imacros and using regular with some Java scripts, now I have installed Imacros for Google Chrome. but I can not see that scripts in Google Chrome Imacros script list that what I am using for Firefox. so please guide me how can I do use that scripts in Google Chrome Imacros. I getting scripts from http://www.myyearbookscript.com . but they I could run in only Firefox. I would like use that scripts in Google-chrome. my yahoo messenger id is friendmyb @ yahoo.com. I will wait for get good guidance

Thank you very much

Mr.Gokul
Tom, Tech Support

Re: How and where could add java script for Google-Imacros u

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:02 am

Hello gokul,

A built-in Javascripting interface is not currently provided with iMacros for Chrome like it is with Firefox. However, experimental support for automating Chrome via the iMacros Scripting Interface (iimInit("-cr")) was just released and you are welcome to give it a try!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
cookd

Post by cookd » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:33 am

I am having problems getting this to work. Each time I run the script, I get an error saying No iMacros DIV Found. Looking at the code, it looks like it cannot run this line correctly:

var div = document.getElementById("imacros-bookmark-div");

Do you know what could be the problem?

Thanks.
cookd

Post by cookd » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:28 pm

I have found the problem. Because the file is opened in a separate tab from the google.com webpage, it does not know about iMacros.

I solved the problem by hosting the file myself and then changing the batch file to

chrome.exe myurl.com/bookmark.htm

Hope this helps...