TAG command sometimes fails

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
geleto

TAG command sometimes fails

Post by geleto » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:17 am

Hello
Sometimes when running a script I get this error:
RuntimeError:element INPUT specified by VALUE:Next>> was not found, line: 9

This usualy happens when I run some other program, then alt-tab to Chrome and run the script. Probably because of some delay due to disk paging. Happens on the 3 computers that I tested. This does not happen when for instance chrome loads 20 tabs simultaneously while running the script. Does not happen in Firefox too.
Here's the script:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=7300701 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=http://ready.arl.noaa.gov/READYcmet.php
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/ready2-bin/main.pl ATTR=ID:Lat CONTENT=40.13
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/ready2-bin/main.pl ATTR=NAME:Lon CONTENT=25.95
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/ready2-bin/main.pl ATTR=VALUE:Continue
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=NAME:m CONTENT=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=NAME:NoFormName ATTR=VALUE:Go
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/ready2-bin/metgram1.pl ATTR=VALUE:Next>>
The problem is that line 7 was not executed(the drop-down list is not highlighted), because of that pressing the button(which is highlighted) in line 8 does nothing and line 9 expects another page.
Should I use WAIT? The documentation says #DOWNLOADCOMPLETE# is not needed anymore. The page does not use frames.

Usually after the error occurs, the plugin stops working for the Chrome window where the error happened. I click the "Play" button, but nothing happens. But it works just fine from another Chrome window (not another tab - another browser window).
Tom, Tech Support

Re: TAG command sometimes fails

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Hello geleto,
geleto wrote:This usualy happens when I run some other program, then alt-tab to Chrome and run the script.
Can you provide a more specific series of repeatable steps that will reproduce the issue? I have not been able to reproduce it in my tests.
geleto wrote:Should I use WAIT?
It is most likely a timing issue and you can try adding a WAIT statement where appropriate to see if this alleviates the issue.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support