How to open a pool of url Chrome version

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ciejbrown

How to open a pool of url Chrome version

Post by ciejbrown » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:50 am

Hello,

I have two issues, one is Chrome related perhaps. When I installed the plug in it did not create the directory for the macros to go into. Bug report I guess, I just manually created the folders and it seems fine now.

Now the big issue. I'd like to create a script that I can have imacros open a pool of websites. For instance I have 30 websites that I want imacros to spend 30 seconds on, so open the first in a tab, wait 30 seconds, close the tab, and move on to the next one. I'd like it to work where I can just paste the pool of 30 or so websites into the script, rather than manually going to each URL GOTO line and putting one in.

Anyone able to help?

VERSION BUILD=3520704, sorry I read the guidelines and I failed to put that information. I checked the wiki/and google search and found lots o ways to open URL but not to be able to put a "pool".
Tom, Tech Support

Re: How to open a pool of url Chrome version

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:19 am

ciejbrown wrote:When I installed the plug in it did not create the directory for the macros to go into. Bug report I guess, I just manually created the folders and it seems fine now.
Hi ciejbrown,

Yes, this is a known issue especially on Windows XP, is that the OS you are using?
ciejbrown wrote: For instance I have 30 websites that I want imacros to spend 30 seconds on, so open the first in a tab, wait 30 seconds, close the tab, and move on to the next one. I'd like it to work where I can just paste the pool of 30 or so websites into the script, rather than manually going to each URL GOTO line and putting one in.
Put your list of URLs into a data file then read them into your macro one at a time by looping your macro.

For example:

Code: Select all

SET !DATASOURCE pool.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
URL GOTO={{!COL1}}
WAIT SECONDS=30
pool.csv:

Code: Select all

http://www.iopus.com/
http://wiki.imacros.net/
http://forum.imacros.net/
Just set the Max. value on the iMacros sidebar to the number of sites in your file and use the Play Loop button to play the macro.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
ciejbrown

Post by ciejbrown » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:07 pm

MUCH appreciated.

No I'm actually running windows 7, and 14.0.835 ver of Chrome. I might just end up using a different browser.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:22 pm

ciejbrown wrote:No I'm actually running windows 7, and 14.0.835 ver of Chrome
Ah, I don't think we are officially supporting beta releases, but will make sure it is working once 14.0.xxx is stable or shortly thereafter.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
ciejbrown

Post by ciejbrown » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:58 pm

Getting an error. I think it might have to be the formatting of the URL pool. Basically I get a list of URL I need to open from another source, usually just a bunch of numbered or not numbered links posted onto a website. How do I get the script to like them? It looks like it is putting HTTP in there for me when the link already has it? Any other ideas?
is there such a beast that says ignore everything until you see maybe a symbol then http?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:01 am

Can you provide a sample so we can see exactly what the list looks like and make some suggestions?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
ciejbrown

Post by ciejbrown » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:10 pm

I really appreciate your help in this. It's not super important, you got me 90% where I want to be.

Basically I want to open the links from a numbered list.

ex.

1. Bob www.link1.com
2. Sally www.link2.com
3. etc

I'm hoping to get the script to ignore "everything" until it sees http:// or www
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:23 pm

There's no easy way to do that unless you are using the iMacros Scripting Edition, which allows you to use custom script code to parse the data and pass it to your macro. The best thing to do in this case is just make sure the data is already formatted appropriately in your input file.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support