"This webpage is not available" message

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
leonardevens

"This webpage is not available" message

Post by leonardevens » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm

I am using google chrome under Fedora Linux 14. I added imacros, and the icon for it appears in my toolbar.
But when I click on it, I get

This webpage is not available
The webpage at chrome-extension://invalid/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error.

What is going on?

I have been using imacros with Firefox, but I am having trouble entering a macro and saving it, so I decided to start fresh with google chrome.
JLuc

Re: "This webpage is not available" message

Post by JLuc » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm

I have exactly the same issue, but on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I install it on Chrome and when clicking the button it displays an error message in chrome's side-window, stating that "chrome-extension://invalid/" url is not available.
Plus an "Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED) : Unknown error".

Could it be that chromes iMacro cant exist both on Firefox and Chrome ?

I am using IMacro 6.0.1

There are error logs in the iMacro Extension 'Console' tab.
It begins with
"Denying load of chrome-extension://cplklnmnlbnpmjogncf....longkey..../sandbox.html. Resources must be listed in the web_accessible_resources manifest key in order to be loaded by web pages."
followed with "Could not instatiate SI plugin im_SI.js:272 im_SI.startServer im_SI.js:272" and loads more

When specified as an url, this "chrome-extension://cplklnmnlbnpmjogncf....longkey..../sandbox.html" adresse leads to the same <<"chrome-extension://invalid/" url is not available>> message, but in chrome's main window.
JLuc

Re: "This webpage is not available" message

Post by JLuc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 am

Searching on internet i found that only version > 20 of chrome would support some features so i updated to version 23 and now it is OK !

I used :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:a-v-shkop/chromium
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser