Imacros not working on chrome with google sync

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
gc83uk

Imacros not working on chrome with google sync

Post by gc83uk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:16 pm

I've been using imacros with chrome on two different computers, so I've basically been sharing my favourites using a google account, so for anyone that doesn't know, if I add a favourite to my chrome browser in the office, then when I open up my home computer using chrome I can also see the same favourites from my office!

This hasn't been working since the update in October.

Basically I have created a macros which looks like this from my home computer:
VERSION BUILD=4010208 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=https://www.whatever.com/admin/index.php
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:https://www.whatever.com/admin/index.php ATTR=NAME:submit&&VALUE:Login

Once recorded from home, it will work on my home computer, but it won't run on my office computer. And vice versa.
My current work around is having macros saying: Admin Home ¦ Admin Office ¦ etc on my bookmark bar....

That is getting tiresome and messy, so I've been looking into it a little more today.
It seems that both macros will run if they are run from the imacros panel, but if you try to run them from the bookmark bar or the bookmark drop down menu, then they won't work!

So I figured it must be something to do with the javascript which each macro is holding, bare in mind the recording of each imacro of both locations (home and office) is exactly the same:

Office Imacro javascript which works in the office, but not from home:
javascript:(function() {try{var m64 = "VkVSU0lPTiUyMEJVSUxEJTNENDAxMDIwOCUyMFJFQ09SREVSJTNEQ1IlMEFVUkwlMjBHT1RPJTNEaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuZ2xvdy1zdGlja3Mub3JnJTJGYWRtaW4lMkZpbmRleC5waHAlM0ZhZG1pbiUzRGxvZ291dCUwQVVSTCUyMEdPVE8lM0RodHRwcyUzQSUyRiUyRnd3dy5nbG93LXN0aWNrcy5vcmclMkZhZG1pbiUyRmluZGV4LnBocCUwQVRBRyUyMFBPUyUzRDElMjBUWVBFJTNESU5QVVQlM0FTVUJNSVQlMjBGT1JNJTNEQUNUSU9OJTNBaHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuZ2xvdy1zdGlja3Mub3JnJTJGYWRtaW4lMkZpbmRleC5waHAlMjBBVFRSJTNETkFNRSUzQXN1Ym1pdCUyNiUyNlZBTFVFJTNBTG9naW4=", n = "admin test.iim";if(!/Chrome\/\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+/.test(navigator.userAgent)){alert('iMacros: The embedded macros work with iMacros for Chrome. Support for IE/Firefox is planned.');return;}if(!/^(?:chrome|https?|file)/.test(location)){alert('iMacros: To run a macro, you need to open a website first.');return;}var div = document.getElementById("imacros-bookmark-div");if (!div){alert("Can not run macro, no iMacros div found");return;}var ta = document.getElementById("imacros-macro-container");ta.value = decodeURIComponent(atob(m64));div.setAttribute("name", n);var evt = document.createEvent("Event");evt.initEvent("iMacrosRunMacro", true, true);div.dispatchEvent(evt);}catch(e){alert('Bookmarklet error: '+e.toString());}}) ();

Here is the Home imacros which won't run in the office, but runs fine from home:
javascript:(function() {try{var e_m64 = "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", n64 = "QWRtaW4yLmlpbQ==";if(!/^(?:chrome|https?|file)/.test(location)){alert('iMacros: Open webpage to run a macro.');return;}var macro = {};macro.source = decodeURIComponent(atob(e_m64));macro.name = decodeURIComponent(atob(n64));var evt = document.createEvent("CustomEvent");evt.initCustomEvent("iMacrosRunMacro", true, true, macro);window.dispatchEvent(evt);}catch(e){alert('iMacros Bookmarklet error: '+e.toString());}}) ();

Those javascripts look completely different, how is that possible?

Can anybody please help me with this? It's driving me mad.
gc83uk

Re: Imacros not working on chrome with google sync

Post by gc83uk » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi Tom,

Can you please respond to my question. Even if it's just to say I have no idea what your talking about. Anything would be good!

Thank you
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Imacros not working on chrome with google sync

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi gc83uk,

Do you have the same browser version and iMacros versions installed on both machines? Please provide the version numbers and the platform you are running on (e.g. Windows, Linux?).
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support