imacros not performing task as should on Chrome

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
julius1973

imacros not performing task as should on Chrome

Post by julius1973 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:21 am

Hi,

This is my first post on here and I have only just started to test imacros. I am currently using workspace marco recorder but I am looking to switch from PC to mac soon so I wish to have an in browser macro recorder. The task I perform is one based in amazon. I sell via Amazon and every day I go through the buyers who purchased from me 14 days ago and email them a thank you email. To do this I open up the orders on new tabs. With the current macro recorder it has simply recorded the keystrokes but with imacro it doesn't work that way. I press record, go to the first tab, then go through the recording, tab to the next tab and stop recording. I want this to be on a loop so all the different contact customer links on each tab are emailed via the Amazon messaging system. The problem is that when I tab to the next record and play the recording again it uses the url from the first tab with the specific order details of the first customer, thus sending 1 customer multiple emails instead of simply going on to the next tab/customer record.

URL GOTO=https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/h ... 80-9405965

Above is the script from the first tabe when I click on it. As you can see there is a customer order number at the end. Is there a way to change the script so I can simply click on a page but it doesn't state the order number, then move to the next tab?
Vitae

Re: imacros not performing task as should on Chrome

Post by Vitae » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:25 am

Since you are looping, if that URL GOTO is in the script it will always load that page up.
Since you are loading up all the orders in separate tabs manually yourself, you can remove that whole URL line and you should be fine.
That is if I'm understanding your question correctly.
julius1973

Post by julius1973 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:03 am

Many thanks. I will try that
julius1973

Post by julius1973 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:13 am

I have just tried that. It is not going in a loop in that it is not going tot he next tab and selecting the url from tab 1 and thus sending the same customer multiple emails, however, even though I have recorded the script to go to the next tab it is not then going to the next tab. This is my script if that helps:

VERSION BUILD=6060703 RECORDER=CR
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:compositionForm ATTR=ID:commMgrCompositionSubject CONTENT=%6
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ID:compositionForm ATTR=ID:commMgrCompositionMessage CONTENT=Dear<SP>Valued<SP>Customer,<BR><BR>Many<SP>thanks<SP>for<SP>your<SP>positive<SP>feedback<SP>relating<SP>to<SP>seller<SP>service<SP>for<SP>the<SP>purchase<SP>you<SP>made<SP>from<SP>LUPO<SP>STORE<SP>on<SP>Amazon.<SP><SP>It<SP>is<SP>greatly<SP>appreciated.<SP><BR><BR>If<SP>you<SP>haven’t<SP>done<SP>so<SP>already,<SP>and<SP>can<SP>spare<SP>a<SP>minute,<SP>we<SP>would<SP>be<SP>most<SP>grateful<SP>if<SP>you<SP>could<SP>also<SP>provide<SP>a<SP>review<SP>of<SP>the<SP>product.<BR><BR>Rating<SP>a<SP>Product<BR>If<SP>you<SP>liked<SP>the<SP>product,<SP>please<SP>rate<SP>it<SP>on<SP>the<SP>actual<SP>advert<SP>listing.<SP><SP>This<SP>helps<SP>other<SP>buyers<SP>review<SP>the<SP>product<SP>before<SP>buying.<SP><SP><BR><BR><SP><BR>To<SP>rate<SP>and<SP>review<SP>a<SP>product,<SP>a<SP>customer<SP>can<SP>do<SP>the<SP>following:<BR><SP>-<SP>Open<SP>the<SP>product<SP>detail<SP>page.<SP><BR><SP>-<SP>Under<SP>Customer<SP>Review,<SP>click<SP>Write<SP>an<SP>online<SP>review.<BR><BR>The<SP>more<SP>review’s<SP>a<SP>product<SP>receives<SP>the<SP>easier<SP>it<SP>is<SP>for<SP>fellow<SP>buyers<SP>to<SP>make<SP>a<SP>qualified<SP>product<SP>choice<SP>on<SP>Amazon.<SP><SP>In<SP>turn,<SP>it<SP>helps<SP>all<SP>buyers<SP>to<SP>have<SP>a<SP>better<SP>buying<SP>experience<SP>on<SP>Amazon.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Julius<SP>Oliveti<BR>LUPO<SP>STORE<BR><BR><BR>
TAG POS=2 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=ID:sendemail
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON FORM=ID:compositionForm ATTR=ID:sendemail
TAB T=2
julius1973

Post by julius1973 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:23 am

A 2nd issue is the content which is being pasted in from the clipboard. I want to use this macro to fill in the standard contact customer webpages within Amazon's seller account on different tabs. The problem I have is that I have to send emails to all UK customers in English, then French, German, Spanish, Italian customer in their respective languages. The current Macro program I use just remembers what I have in my clipboard but imacros is sending the english email content to the foreign buyers. Is there any way the content can be defaulted to show the clipboard?
Vitae

Post by Vitae » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:38 pm

julius1973 wrote:I have just tried that. It is not going in a loop in that it is not going tot he next tab and selecting the url from tab 1 and thus sending the same customer multiple emails, however, even though I have recorded the script to go to the next tab it is not then going to the next tab. This is my script if that helps:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:compositionForm ATTR=ID:commMgrCompositionSubject CONTENT=%6
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=ID:compositionForm ATTR=ID:commMgrCompositionMessage CONTENT=Dear<SP>Valued<SP>Customer,<BR><BR>Many<SP>thanks<SP>for<SP>your<SP>positive<SP>feedback<SP>relating<SP>to<SP>seller<SP>service<SP>for<SP>the<SP>purchase<SP>you<SP>made<SP>from<SP>LUPO<SP>STORE<SP>on<SP>Amazon.<SP><SP>It<SP>is<SP>greatly<SP>appreciated.<SP><BR><BR>If<SP>you<SP>haven’t<SP>done<SP>so<SP>already,<SP>and<SP>can<SP>spare<SP>a<SP>minute,<SP>we<SP>would<SP>be<SP>most<SP>grateful<SP>if<SP>you<SP>could<SP>also<SP>provide<SP>a<SP>review<SP>of<SP>the<SP>product.<BR><BR>Rating<SP>a<SP>Product<BR>If<SP>you<SP>liked<SP>the<SP>product,<SP>please<SP>rate<SP>it<SP>on<SP>the<SP>actual<SP>advert<SP>listing.<SP><SP>This<SP>helps<SP>other<SP>buyers<SP>review<SP>the<SP>product<SP>before<SP>buying.<SP><SP><BR><BR><SP><BR>To<SP>rate<SP>and<SP>review<SP>a<SP>product,<SP>a<SP>customer<SP>can<SP>do<SP>the<SP>following:<BR><SP>-<SP>Open<SP>the<SP>product<SP>detail<SP>page.<SP><BR><SP>-<SP>Under<SP>Customer<SP>Review,<SP>click<SP>Write<SP>an<SP>online<SP>review.<BR><BR>The<SP>more<SP>review’s<SP>a<SP>product<SP>receives<SP>the<SP>easier<SP>it<SP>is<SP>for<SP>fellow<SP>buyers<SP>to<SP>make<SP>a<SP>qualified<SP>product<SP>choice<SP>on<SP>Amazon.<SP><SP>In<SP>turn,<SP>it<SP>helps<SP>all<SP>buyers<SP>to<SP>have<SP>a<SP>better<SP>buying<SP>experience<SP>on<SP>Amazon.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Julius<SP>Oliveti<BR>LUPO<SP>STORE<BR><BR><BR>
TAB T=2
I don't see a TAB CLOSE command
After you send the email you should close the current tab. The TAB T=2 means that it will always go to the 2nd tab, not the NEXT tab.
julius1973

Post by julius1973 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:57 pm

So all I need is TAB CLOSE at the end?
Vitae

Post by Vitae » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:33 pm

Yeap.
The last thing that you need after the final "send" on the email.
TAB CLOSE

Not sure why there's 2 "sendemail" in there, but I'll assume the 2nd one is a "Are you sure" confirmation :)
julius1973

Post by julius1973 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Thanks for the clarification. That's very kind of you. I will try in the morning (it's late in the uk now). Regarding my 2nd issue is there a way to paste the clipboard onto chrome. From reading the wiki there is conflicting information if this is indeed possible. If not I can record and amend my differed messages I need to send.
Vitae

Post by Vitae » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:20 am

That, honestly, I have no idea about.
julius1973

Post by julius1973 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Many thanks for your help. It still doesn't want to know for some reason. As I have only just started to test imacros maybe I am making a schoolboy error. Here is my code now:

TAB CLOSE

I have made a little video to show exactly what is happening:

http://www.screenr.com/gijH
julius1973

Post by julius1973 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:10 pm

All is well. I have managed to solve the problem by removing the 2nd sendmail line from the script, even thouugh that is what was recorded it caused the issue. Thanks for all your help.
Vitae

Post by Vitae » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Glad to hear you got it resolved.
Sometimes iMacros is stupid like that. I've actually had it record things that when I play them back I have to reverse 2 lines. Usually on confirmation boxes.
runescapevip

Post by runescapevip » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:26 am

Why not collect this gold scrap and get some good money by selling gold which is currently of no benefit to you. The principles are more or less the same whether you wish to sell platinum or gold or gold. Do not shy away as many gold buyers would be willing to Cheap Runescape Gold give handsome prices in return for these valuable tit bits. Else why not go for gold recycling.