Why do chrome open a new window during a scirpt?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Zelkova

Why do chrome open a new window during a scirpt?

Post by Zelkova » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:43 pm

I'm sure this is just something dealing with the chrome addon being less then perfect at the moment but I still would like to know what is causing this.

Normally the site will open a new tab after you click a button (using javascript) but for some reason when using the script it will always open a new window (and make the rest of the script useless) instead.

The same script used on the firefox addon do as it should though the site I want to use the script on is overall faster/better with chrome as it was basically made with chrome in mind assuming of course if the script work as intended.

The line that cause this is:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:usersOpen ATTR=*

Though I am sure it is the addon (if not chrome itself) causing the problem.

For now I somewhat solved the issue by using a chrome addon called "One Window" which force new tabs to become part of the main window (though with a noticeable delay causing me to add WAIT SECONDS=1 to my script) and combining the iMacro window itself as tab. I feel though that this is a band aid for an issue that shouldn't exist from the start.