Bug VERSION BUILD=7020226 (Not Possible Add to the Form)

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
aprizion

Bug VERSION BUILD=7020226 (Not Possible Add to the Form)

Post by aprizion » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi, my iMacros updated and, after this last update (VERSION BUILD=7020226), some functions not works. Please, help me.

DETAILS BELOW:

- Version that works:
VERSION BUILD=6060703

- Version not works:
VERSION BUILD=7020226

- Question: Is it possible downgrade to the past version that works? If so, please, let me know. And, please, it it possible turn off automatic upgrades?

MORE DETAILS OF MY PROBLEM BELOW:

1. What version of iMacros are you using?
VERSION BUILD=7020226

2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)
Windows 7, 32bits, Portuguese-Brazil

3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
Chrome 33.0.1750.146 m

4. Do the included demo macros work ok?
YES.

5. If reporting a problem with the Scripting Interface, please also test if the included VBS sample scripts run ok.
This test helps us to determine if the iMacros Scripting Interface installation is ok.

THIS IS MY SCRIPT (BELOW). THIS IS USED TO PUT IDS IN A FORM. USUALLY, THIS ID IS PASTE IN A FORM AND, AFTER THAT, WE PUSH BUTTON "ADD". VERY SIMPLE.
THE PROBLEM ARE TWO:

1-IMACROS CAN'T ADD THE SECOND ID (25489) ONWARDS, ONLY THE FIRST OF THE LIST (32454). IN SOME CASES WE HAVE 100+ IDS TO BE ADDED.

VERSION BUILD=6060703 RECORDER=CR
ADD !EXTRACT {{!URLCURRENT}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_StationIdAutoCompleteControl_IdInputField CONTENT=32454
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_AddStationButton
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_StationIdAutoCompleteControl_IdInputField CONTENT=25489
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_AddStationButton

Please, help em ASAP. Thanks so much.
Last edited by aprizion on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Bug in VERSION BUILD=7020226

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:08 pm

OK, you are the 2nd person on the Forum to start a Thread related to iMacros and Chrome and to mention v7.02, so there must be some latest v7.02 iMacros for CR out... I only knew about v6.06, and Version History for Chrome only mentions v6.06 as the latest Version:
http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chr ... on_History
(From this Page, you can still download/downgrade (to) v6.06.)

Compliments on your Post and all the (needed) Information you include except for 2 points:
- Your Subject Title is too generic (and won't be very meaningful once several Users start reporting Problems with the same Version...)
- You don't mention (if you get) any Error Msg / RuntimeError.

You don't seem to be the only one with Problems after updating iMacros for CR with v7.02, from what I can read on the Chrome iMacros Review Page at:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mp/reviews
User Reviews
Sheilla Fadila - 11 hours ago
WHAT THE HELL.. THIS USED TO WORK FINE, AMAZING, AWESOME, BUT NOW ALL IT DOES JUST SKIP THE STEP. Of course there's error ("blablabla" cant be found), you skipped it, genius! urrgggh... please fix.. my life depends on it. PLEASE!

Maria Mirabela Sandulescu - 3 hours ago
"Fine" job with the updates...why make an update in the first place when it was not needed...everything worked...not anymore! "Thanks"

Sakura Nishino - 3 hours ago
Please fix the error! It's no longer working properly! It skips a step and does a different step on its own! If possible return it back to how it used to be before it was updated
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
aprizion

Re: Bug in VERSION BUILD=7020226

Post by aprizion » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks so much for your quickly reply.
Regarding your advices:

http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Chr ... on_History
I acess this link, but the install send me to the Chrome Store; After install extension, I don't have v6.06, but iMacros for Chrome "7.0.2" again.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ails?hl=en

Could you please, send me direct link of the extension file (v6.06.) or something like that, so I could install direcly from my Google Chrome Dashboard (is this possible), sorry my ignorance :)

- Your Subject Title is too generic (and won't be very meaningful once several Users start reporting Problems with the same Version...)
COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE HOW TO PUT A BETTER TITLE IN THIS CASE?

- You don't mention (if you get) any Error Msg / RuntimeError.
NO ERROR MESSAGE OR RUNTIME ERROR.

HOW I RECORD MY MACRO:

- paste the ID number to the field;
- push TAB key in my keyboard;
- push ADD to include that ID in the Window worked

So, I got (example of 3 IDS below):

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_StationIdAutoCompleteControl_IdInputField CONTENT=2145
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_StationIdAutoCompleteControl_IdInputField CONTENT=2578
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_StationIdAutoCompleteControl_IdInputField CONTENT=0458

Unfortunately only the first ID is added correctly. The second onward is ignored, as if the process was very quick to add. But, this is exactly like I will do with the v6.06 version.
I try to add WAIT comand, but not works (check below some scenarios I tried, but without success).

VERSION BUILD=6060703 RECORDER=CR
ADD !EXTRACT {{!URLCURRENT}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_StationIdAutoCompleteControl_IdInputField CONTENT=2145
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_StationIdAutoCompleteControl_IdInputField CONTENT=0123
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_StationIdAutoCompleteControl_IdInputField CONTENT=0254
WAIT SECONDS=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:AddStationForm ATTR=ID:PageContent_StationIdAutoCompleteControl_IdInputField CONTENT=0045
WAIT SECONDS=2

SOLUTION:
For me, the better solution, until fix this problem in most recent version will be:

- downgrade to the past version v6.06 (please, let me know how do that)
- disable automatic update of the extension (please, let me know how do that)

This is because I've lots of Macros (100+), so I don't have time now to change one by one, because this is used to my job :(

You don't seem to be the only one with Problems after updating iMacros for CR with v7.02, from what I can read on the Chrome iMacros Review Page at:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... mp/reviews
THANKS. I CHECK ALL THE COMMENTS, BUT NOTHING HELP ME THERE. THANKS, ONE MORE TIME.

Thanks again!
aprizion

Re: Bug VERSION BUILD=7020226 (Not Possible Add to the Form)

Post by aprizion » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:56 pm

To everyone with the same problem, my temporary solution is to execute all tasks in LOOP.
I am adding all tasks inside a LOOP between 1 to 8, so when iMacros repeat the same task, most of the tasks are done.

Of course, this is not an perfect solution, so, that's the reason I am waiting any "fast" solution or how to downgrade to the past version.

Thanks!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:19 pm

I'm just a User like you, I'm not affiliated with iOpus, I just try to solve Problems and answer Questions of other Users, especially if I've run into them before (and found a Solution or a Workaround, which I've always managed in the 8 years I've been using iMacros (for FF))...

Your Subject Title now looks fine to me...

The iMacros Chrome Wiki-Page mentioned "v6.0.6" with a 'Download' Link, so I took for granted that you would download v6.0.6 from that Link...
The iMacros Download Page also promises to download v6.0.6 but directs as well to the same Chrome Web-Store Page where only v7.0.2 can be downloaded...!
http://imacros.net/download

On the iMacros Chrome Wiki-Page - Version History, you have a Direct Download Link for v5.11 but the Link is dead...! I tried different blind URL's for v6.0.6 but couldn't find the correct one, if it's still directly downloadable from the iMacros Site...
Direct Link to download iMacros v5.11 for CR. (Dead Link...)

For Firefox, we have an iMacros Mozilla Archive Page where we can download all previous Versions of iMacros for FF, but that doesn't seem to be the case for Chrome... The Source Code is supposed to be open, so that should be the case...!
CNet offers to download v6.0.1 but refers to the same Chrome iMacros Download Page where you can only download v7.0.2...

I can't find a Place on Internet where you can download older Versions of iMacros for Chrome, and I/you don't seem to be the first ones:
Where to download older versions of imacros (for Chrome)?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:59 am

aprizion wrote:To everyone with the same problem, my temporary solution is to execute all tasks in LOOP.
I am adding all tasks inside a LOOP between 1 to 8, so when iMacros repeat the same task, most of the tasks are done.

Of course, this is not an perfect solution, so, that's the reason I am waiting any "fast" solution or how to downgrade to the past version.

Thanks!
Not a perfect Solution for you either I suppose, but you can run your Script in Firefox as well...
aprizion

Post by aprizion » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks buddy, but I want to downgrade, 'cause the kind of my job only works with Google Chrome :(

Thanks!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:14 pm

aprizion wrote:Thanks buddy, but I want to downgrade, 'cause the kind of my job only works with Google Chrome :(
Hum..., bad choice(s) sbd made at some point, to be working with some poorly designed Web-Site or Web Application that can only work with one single Browser. The day that Browser breaks stg, you are out of Business...
You see how Mozilla keeps offering all previous Versions of iMacros (and other Add-ons and Firefox itself I suppose) while Google forces you to use only one "approved" Version...

As older Versions of iMacros for CR seem to be unfindable on Internet, you should try to open a Ticket and ask iOpus to post a Link to a Direct Download for v6.0.6...