Proxies for multiple chrome profiles

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Ruriko

Proxies for multiple chrome profiles

Post by Ruriko » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:47 am

If I run 2 different chrome profiles and both use the proxy command then both will use the same proxy that one of use instead of giving them both different proxies. Is there any fix for this? cause it works fine on Firefox but not Chrome
captchasolutions

Re: Proxies for multiple chrome profiles

Post by captchasolutions » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:55 am

Captcha Solutions would like to add this new alternative captcha solving service website with private proxies add-on, see http://www.captchasolutions.com/proxies/
Chris jordan

Re: Proxies for multiple chrome profiles

Post by Chris jordan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:25 am

Since Chrome uses IE’s proxy settings by default, a new instance of Chrome will default to the current IE settings. However, if Chrome is already running, then every new Chrome process will inherit the current Chrome proxy settings.
What I ended up going with was having two Chrome shortcuts. One that uses the default IE proxy settings (which I leave on 90% of the time now), and another shortcut that starts Chrome without a proxy server.
The most important part about this whole operation is the –proxy-server= setting, as leaving that unfilled will cause Chrome to ignore IE’s proxy settings. This way you can manage multiple proxy profiles on chrome. For more detailed steps visit here: http://www.sureshjoshi.com/productivity ... -profiles/