iMacros for Chrome won't work after PC restart

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dpatphd

iMacros for Chrome won't work after PC restart

Post by dpatphd » Thu May 28, 2015 5:31 pm

I recently received a new PC at work. Policy is to power down PC's at night. When I power on my PC in the morning, log in and open Chrome, the iMacros extension will not work until I disable it and then enable it. I couldn't find anything similar to this on the forum. The machine is running Windows 7 Professional. I have removed the iMacros extension, added it back and encountered the same problem. I've downloaded and installed the add file access to Windows fix. After I disable and then enable iMacros to get it working in Chrome, I can close Chrome and open it and it continues to work. It only stop working when the computer is shutdown and restarted. Any help in troubleshooting or the fix to this would be appreciated.
JoeFuzzy

Re: iMacros for Chrome won't work after PC restart

Post by JoeFuzzy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:33 pm

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I have not tracked it to shutting down my PC, I think it re-occurs each time I close Chrome and re-open.

I have:
iMacros for Chrome 8.0.7
Google Chrome 43.0.2357.81 (Official Build) m (32-bit)
Windows 7 64 bit.

To re-describe the problem for any others searching for this issue:
I have the iMacros icon at the top right of the URL text box. When I click this icon, the iMacros window does not open, in fact nothing at all happens.
I open the Chrome Extentions Tab, and I uncheck the enable box, and then re-check the same box. I click the iMacros button and the iMacros button opens just fine.
Shital, Tech Support

Post by Shital, Tech Support » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:44 am

Hi,

Sorry to know about your problem with iMacros for Chrome. Unfortunately, we couldn't reproduce this on our test systems. Does this problem occur every time you restart the browser or the system ? We would soon be releasing another version of iMacros. Could you please also try reproducing the issue on the same ?

Regards,
Shital, iMacros Support
dpatphd

Post by dpatphd » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 pm

It's only after I restart the PC. After I've unchecked and checked the enable box under extension settings, if I close Chrome and reopen it, it continues to work. I'll try disabling some of the nonessential startup programs to see if that has any impact. I'll report back if I find something.
JoeFuzzy

Post by JoeFuzzy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:53 am

Google Chrome 43.0.2357.124 (Official Build) m (32-bit)
Revision d49eb48dfb64b379fdc61282ceca602acbc9065d-refs/branch-heads/2357@{#467}
OS Windows
Blink 537.36 (@196519)
JavaScript V8 4.3.61.27
Flash 18.0.0.160
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.124 Safari/537.36
Command Line "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end

Did some testing with shutting down Chrome and Restarting -- iMacros for Chrome will reopen. I even went into task manager and killed the entire Chrome Process tree and restarted, and iMacros still reopens.

I will try again after restart of laptop, I am sure that must be where it does not re-open when I first try.
I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit with Service Pack 1. I am logged into an Active Directory Domain.
WendiSidy

Post by WendiSidy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:43 pm

I am having the same issue. Every morning I have to remove and then add imacros for Chrome in order for my macros to work.

When will the new release be available?
sk4shi

Post by sk4shi » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 am

So glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue!

I have a Mac and PC and this issue happens on both devices using Chrome after a system reboot - have to disable and re-enable from Extensions and have to refresh the current open tab.

Maybe one thing to note is that The Chrome setting On startup is set to Continue where you left off and iMacros does not work for these tabs.

Google Chrome
Version 43.0.2357.134 (64-bit)

Windows 7 64-bit (latest Windows Update)
&
OS X Yosemite 10.10.4
Sky

Post by Sky » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:06 pm

I am still having this issue after the update to the new version, so no change.

iMacros for Chrome 8.3.4

Chrome
Version 44.0.2403.107 m

Windows 7 x64 fully updated

I also use the Continue where you left off setting in chrome, and I suspect that is where it's having the issue, as if I start a new instance of chrome it works, but when I use the continue option it doesn't work on start, I need to disable and re-enable it to start it again.
klimek1979

Post by klimek1979 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Same problem. Waiting for solving...
WendiSidy

Post by WendiSidy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Any idea when this will be fixed? It's really frustrating... :| :(
Sky

Post by Sky » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:07 pm

I have been advised that I didn't post enough FCI
so, here goes -

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Windows 10 Home x64. Language installed en-UK
Current build tested on 10.0.10240 Build 10240
Version of iMacro 8.3.4 (VERSION BUILD=8340723 RECORDER=CR)
Google Chrome Version 45.0.2454.85 m.
Chrome Settings - Signed in with gmail account; on start-up continue where you left off; appearance show home button, always show bookmarks bar; search = google.co.uk; guest browsing enabled, and the browser is set to the default.
Advanced settings:
Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar or the app launcher search box
Prefetch resources to load pages more quickly
Protect you and your device from dangerous sites
Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic

Font size medium, zoom 125% (also tested at zoom 100%)
Language English United Kingdom

Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed is set
Use hardware acceleration when available is set

Other Extensions loaded - AdBlock, Chrome Remote Desktop, countDown, F.B. Purity, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides

But have also experienced this issue on and earlier versions of iMacros and Google Chrome.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:39 pm

Sky wrote:I have been advised that I didn't post enough FCI
Ah-ah...! Yep, it was me... :oops:

But, hum..., checking your previous Posts (again), and the Post I must have been referring to seems to be this one from 23/07/2015 in this current Thread, unless you've deleted some other Post in the meantime, and it just looks completely fine, with FCI and even mentioning that you are using the "Continue where you left off" Setting which seems to be the culprit of the Pb...
So I don't know why I thought that your Post "was a bit useless", I guess I extra scrolled a bit while my Browser was busy scrolling automatically to your Post and I landed on one of the 2 next Posts after you which are "a bit useless"... So I apologize for my rant concerning you... :oops:
Sky wrote:I am still having this issue after the update to the new version, so no change.

Code: Select all

iMacros for Chrome 8.3.4
Chrome Version 44.0.2403.107 m
Windows 7 x64 fully updated
I also use the Continue where you left off setting in chrome, and I suspect that is where it's having the issue, as if I start a new instance of chrome it works, but when I use the continue option it doesn't work on start, I need to disable and re-enable it to start it again.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
B-Man

Post by B-Man » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:56 am

i have the same issue.
i have to untick enable then re tick it and it starts working.
WendiSidy

Post by WendiSidy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:24 pm

So will this ever be fixed or is this as good as it gets :?: :?: :?: :cry: :| :(