Making an interval

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sam??

Making an interval

Post by sam?? » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:00 am

Hi all,

Great program first of all. I have 2 question and I am confident that someone can solve it for me fairly easy.
I need to click a refresh button on the website, to see new content (doesn't work wit the browser refresh button) but it should refresh every second. I need to someone tell the macro to make this action (clicking the button) in a certain intervall. Is this possible?

Also, by having the first comand GOTO=https://....com I have to keep the website open. Is there a command that allows the macro to run it on the backround?

Thanks for your help, more questions will follow ;)
sam??

Re: Making an interval

Post by sam?? » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:06 am

Got the first part with the "wait command" but how can I let the macro run in the back and not change to current tab?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:00 pm

sam?? wrote:Hi all,

Great program first of all. I have 2 question and I am confident that someone can solve it for me fairly easy.
I need to click a refresh button on the website, to see new content (doesn't work wit the browser refresh button) but it should refresh every second. I need to someone tell the macro to make this action (clicking the button) in a certain intervall. Is this possible?

Also, by having the first comand GOTO=https://....com I have to keep the website open. Is there a command that allows the macro to run it on the backround?

Thanks for your help, more questions will follow ;)
Welcome to the Forum and good that you already managed to solve yourself your first Question, but "... more questions will follow" => Consider reading the Forum Rules (and my Sig) for Required Info (FCI) if you want me to answer any of your (future) Threads... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
rethinkreality

Post by rethinkreality » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:41 am

Remove the GOTO command, and just run it while you're on the page. Then you can replay the macro 9999 times without reloading the page. And what are you running? Read my signature or Chiv's, we need to know the version of your add-on/software/os to help further.
If you want help, make sure to add this information. If you don't, answers may not work for your specific setup.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all Versions