pb with Add File Access

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Thais

pb with Add File Access

Post by Thais » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:32 am

Hi,

I am using iMacros with Firefox with a perfect use (thanks a lot for that) and I want to change to Chrome
So,
- I install Chrome
- I install the iMacros Module
- I install Mac: => Download File Access Installer (updated Oct 1, 2014) for all users -> installation OK
- Restart Chrome ...... restart my Mac ....
- I still have in the file part of the iMacros windows the request for installing the File Access Installer :shock:
And it's not possible to configure the path for the macro in the setting (normal I think due to the previous point)

What I have done wrong ??

For information, I am under Mac Os 10.6.8 with the latest version of Chrome

Thanks for your help

PS : Sorry for my english, I am a french girl :oops:

Thais
Mac Os : 10.13.3 (17D102)
Firefox : 48.0.2
iMacros for Firefox : 8.9.7
chivracq

Re: pb with Add File Access

Post by chivracq » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Thais wrote:Hi,

I am using iMacros with Firefox with a perfect use (thanks a lot for that) and I want to change to Chrome
So,
- I install Chrome
- I install the iMacros Module
- I install Mac: => Download File Access Installer (updated Oct 1, 2014) for all users -> installation OK
- Restart Chrome ...... restart my Mac ....
- I still have in the file part of the iMacros windows the request for installing the File Access Installer :shock:
And it's not possible to configure the path for the macro in the setting (normal I think due to the previous point)

What I have done wrong ??

For information, I am under Mac Os 10.6.8 with the latest version of Chrome

Thanks for your help

PS : Sorry for my english, I am a french girl :oops:

Thais
FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> Probable FCI: iMacros for CR v8.3.5...?, CR47...?, MacOS v10.6.8.
"latest" is always vague, you always have 2-5 "latest Versions" for iMacros and FF or CR Browser and it won't mean anything anymore to sbd reading the Thread in a few weeks/months/years...

Pfff, iMacros for CR is pretty Buggy, you should rather stick to FF...!
I had the same Problem as well a while ago (on Win7-x64), but I was using a Browser (Comodo Dragon v33.1) forked on some older Version of CR (CR33), so I'm not sure this is really relevant for your Config..., and I ended up reinstalling iMacros for CR v7.0.3 which works..., with all its Limitations..., as many Commands are not implemented in iMacros for CR, compared to its big brothers FF and IE...

Maybe related to User Admin Rights, how you installed CR and iMacros and the FIO Module... But we have Users on the Forum with the FCI I mentioned, so it should work...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Thais

Post by Thais » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:30 pm

Ok, sos orry for the FCIM :
Mac OS 10.6.8
Chrome : 48.0.2564.82 (64-bit)
iMacros for Chrome 8.3.4

I just want to switch FF to CR due to FF is really slow than CR in the new versions.
I just have a look on Comodo Dragon v33.1 but it still for window, not for mac ....

an other idea ?
Thanks

Thais
Mac Os : 10.13.3 (17D102)
Firefox : 48.0.2
iMacros for Firefox : 8.9.7
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:45 pm

Thais wrote:Ok, sos orry for the FCIM :
Mac OS 10.6.8
Chrome : 48.0.2564.82 (64-bit)
iMacros for Chrome 8.3.4

I just want to switch FF to CR due to FF is really slow than CR in the new versions.
I just have a look on Comodo Dragon v33.1 but it still for window, not for mac ....

an other idea ?
Thanks

Thais
Hum, you are the first User to report using CR48 and new Versions of CR (but FF is even worse on that point...!) regularly break partially/completely iMacros, iMacros for CR v8.x was the Response to some big Changes in CR35 for example, tightening/preventing File Access from the Browser that forced the introduction of the FIO Module as a Workaround for File Access..., so it's possible that CR48 is breaking stg again in iMacros, dunno, would need sbd else to confirm that they are currently using CR48..., so maybe downgrading to CR47 might be stg to try as this Version of CR is supposed to work with v8.3.5. (v8.3.4 only lasted a few hours but I think that in the rush, the Programmer forgot to update the Version Number, oops...!)

Comodo Dragon (only for Win32/64 indeed) is just one of several other Browsers forked on CR, you might be able to find one that works on MacOS as well.
I am myself (on Win7-x64) using iMacros for FF (v8.8.2) but not on "plain" FF because of Performance and Memory Leaks Problems with FF but on some Browser forked on FF: Pale Moon (v24.6.2) which is as well only available for Win32/64 I think, but there are several other Browsers (optimized for Performance and without Memory Leaks) forked on FF, and one or more might be compatible with MacOS...

What I mentioned about User Rights, you didn't try to install the Demo-Macros into some "exotic" Location that CR might be preventing you from accessing that Folder...? Better leave all the Defaults Settings and change later the Location/Paths of all iMacros Folders...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...