Where is Extract??

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nmacias

Where is Extract??

Post by nmacias » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:20 pm

In the video demos http://forum.imacros.net/_uploads/extra ... action.htm it looks like there is a Content Extraction Wizard that allows you to extract data by clicking a button. No knowledge of scripting required. However, this doesn't seem exist in the imacros for chrome version I downloaded. Is this a paid feature only or not available for Chrome? I'm so confused.

Basically, I'm trying to complete a webform about 2000 times with the exact same data, except there is one field where I want to input a value that will increase by one each time. I assume I can put all 2000 values into a google sheet or xls file and "extract" them using the tool, but I can't find the extract button anywhere. I have a macro totally set up save for this missing field.
Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 4.12.02 PM.png
chivracq

Re: Where is Extract??

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:39 am

nmacias wrote:In the video demos http://forum.imacros.net/_uploads/extra ... action.htm it looks like there is a Content Extraction Wizard that allows you to extract data by clicking a button. No knowledge of scripting required. However, this doesn't seem exist in the imacros for chrome version I downloaded. Is this a paid feature only or not available for Chrome? I'm so confused.

Basically, I'm trying to complete a webform about 2000 times with the exact same data, except there is one field where I want to input a value that will increase by one each time. I assume I can put all 2000 values into a google sheet or xls file and "extract" them using the tool, but I can't find the extract button anywhere. I have a macro totally set up save for this missing field.
Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 4.12.02 PM.png
Hum, you've changed the Thread Title from "How can I change whatever...?" to "Where is Extract??", both a bit useless Thread Tiles because not descriptive, try searching the Forum with the Key-Words in your Thread Title for similar Threads...!!, + No FCI mentioned, so I don't really read...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Hum, I read your Question, but indeed, if you don't use the correct Keywords, you won't find the Answer..., and that's why your Thread Title is not very "representative"...

And first: FCIM...! :mrgreen:

There are 2 ways to do what you want.
1- The first way is a bit like you describe/want, but it's a bit of a Workaround, yep you can put all your Data in some Googlesheet Doc that you will access on a second Tab and use as a DataSource and from which you will "extract" your Data to use as Input Data on Tab-1. => Search the Wiki on "Extract" and/or the Forum to find out how the Extract Process works in iMacros.

2- The "standard" way is to put your Data in a '.CSV' File that you will use as a "DataSource". => Search the Wiki on that Keyword, plus have a look at the 'Loop-Csv-2-Web.iim' Demo-Macro.

But maybe you don't even need any DataSource if your one Field is incrementing by 1 at each Loop, you can simply compute it based on '!LOOP'...
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
nmacias

Post by nmacias » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. I was looking for the aforementioned button that says "EXTRACT" on it from the imacros video tutorials, which is why I titled the thread "Where is Extract?" Apologies if that was not descriptive enough, but it seemed logical to me.

For anyone else who may have been confused, the answer to this question is: The Extract wizard is not available unless you're using the paid browser version or the IE version. It doesn't exist in the Chrome version which is why I was unable to find it. This was not stated in the video tutorial, nor in the product comparison, hence the confusion.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:48 pm

nmacias wrote:Thanks for your reply. I was looking for the aforementioned button that says "EXTRACT" on it from the imacros video tutorials, which is why I titled the thread "Where is Extract?" Apologies if that was not descriptive enough, but it seemed logical to me.

For anyone else who may have been confused, the answer to this question is: The Extract wizard is not available unless you're using the paid browser version or the IE version. It doesn't exist in the Chrome version which is why I was unable to find it. This was not stated in the video tutorial, nor in the product comparison, hence the confusion.
Sorry, I'm a bit tired to ask again, I will read (and reply if needed) your Reply once you've mentioned your FCI...
nmacias

Post by nmacias » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:52 pm

The question is answered. I posted the answer in case anyone else is wondering where the dang button is. It effects every version of the free Chrome plugin across all browsers/OS/etc so those specifics are not relevant.
chivracq

Re: Where is the 'Extract' Button??

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:17 pm

nmacias wrote:The question is answered. I posted the answer in case anyone else is wondering where the dang button is. It effects every version of the free Chrome plugin across all browsers/OS/etc so those specifics are not relevant.
Ah OK, ah-ah...!, OK, nice to share then, yep, the 'Extract' Wizard (and Button) is only available for the iMB (iMacros Browser), but mentioning your FCI would still be relevant, as some Commands can get implemented/deprecated/broken from a specific iMacros or Browser Version.
=> Probable FCI: iMacros for CR v8.3.5...(?), CR48/49...(?), OS...(?).

And in iMacros' Terminology, when reading "Where is Extract?", I don't think at all of the 'Extract Button/Wizard' but rather about the Result of an 'EXTRACT' Command in a Macro, which made your Title sound pretty vague to me. You (or any User) should be able to find similar Threads on the Forum using the (Key)words you used in your Thread Title, which was pretty impossible..., but OK, never mind..., good that you found the Solution/Explanation and that you shared it... (But I won't react to your future Thread(s) if you don't mention your FCI each time...)