iMacros stopped working on Chrome

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ZarkBit

iMacros stopped working on Chrome

Post by ZarkBit » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:47 pm

Good afternoon, since yesterday I am unable to get iMacros extension to work with CHrome, none of the macros gets triggered and when I try to open iMacros option page it just hangs on a loading.

Currently I have Chrome v50, tried with v49 cleaned profile and v48 cleaned profile, and I get the same result.

Any help regarding this issue would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

ZarkBit
ZarkBit

Re: iMacros stopped working on Chrome

Post by ZarkBit » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Anyone having the same issue?

Google Chrome v50.0.2661.75
iMacros v8.3.5
ZarkBit

Post by ZarkBit » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:38 pm

Even with ChrOpera,., same issue, nobody wit this exact issue?
ZarkBit

Post by ZarkBit » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:43 pm

Anyone has any idea of what might be causing this issue?
dogwithabot

Post by dogwithabot » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:37 pm

they broke it with the update on 3/7. it doesn't recognize most of the TAG commands anymore. they are in denial. see this thread.

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25886
ZarkBit

Post by ZarkBit » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:39 pm

k, found a workaround to make it work, Chrome v48 updates disabled, with iMacros for Chrome v8.3.4 also updates disabled, since so far no devs gave any feedback whatsoeverI guess it was time to find a hackaround.

hail hacks!
iMacrosGuy2

Post by iMacrosGuy2 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:38 pm

iMacros VERSION BUILD=8350307
Chrome: 50.0.2661.94 m

iMacros works great on first install.

As soon as I restart my computer - iMacros never comes back. Clicking on the iMacros button does nothing.

I need to uninstall and then reinstall the extension every time after computer reboot.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 06, 2016 10:49 pm

iMacrosGuy2 wrote:

Code: Select all

iMacros VERSION BUILD=8350307
Chrome: 50.0.2661.94 m
iMacros works great on first install.

As soon as I restart my computer - iMacros never comes back. Clicking on the iMacros button does nothing.

I need to uninstall and then reinstall the extension every time after computer reboot.
Yep, sorry... (i feel like I need to apologize for TechSup/Dev..., double-oops...!! :shock: :( ), iMacros for CR is really the "little Brother" of the 3 other Browsers, iMB/IE/FF, with FF as an "Advanced User" being my Favorite...! ) [<= Syntax Error, Unexpected Closing Bracket, Check your Code...!, and/or ignore for Free Spanking Credit...!], many (iMacros) Commands are not implemented (yet...!, yep, waiting already for a few years for a few...!, oops...!!) [<= No Syntax Error, Expected Closing Bracket found, No Need to... => Check your Code...!, Sorry No Credit for...: Free Spanking Credit...!} in iMacros for CR, and sorry, it's a bit buggy... iMacros for FF is much more reliable, if you rely on iMacros..., mini-Advice... But iMB and IE are more than OK as well..., but iMacros for CR, pffff..., think twice... Though perfect as well for Click-Click-Click on Web-Pages, but that's it, more or less...!

But OK, about your Pb, there is somewhere in CR a Setting about "Restore my previous Session" or stg like that that seems to be playing a role, from 1-2-3 other Threads a few months ago, try toggling that Setting if that can help...
Last edited by chivracq on Sun May 08, 2016 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
iMacrosGuy2

Post by iMacrosGuy2 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:14 am

chivracq thanks

Appreciate the help. I couldn't quite find that setting, but started toggling every setting that I came across.

Checking the "Allow access to file URLs" setting within the iMacros for Chrome Extension allowed the iMacros setting to launch again.

Not sure why it is not checked (if needed), but this setting does not appear to get checked on a fresh install of the extension.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun May 08, 2016 4:45 am

iMacrosGuy2 wrote:chivracq thanks

Appreciate the help. I couldn't quite find that setting, but started toggling every setting that I came across.

Checking the "Allow access to file URLs" setting within the iMacros for Chrome Extension allowed the iMacros setting to launch again.

Not sure why it is not checked (if needed), but this setting does not appear to get checked on a fresh install of the extension.
Woaw...!, Okay..., that's a good one...! Good to know and Thanks for sharing...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
mrland

Post by mrland » Thu May 12, 2016 2:34 am

ZarkBit wrote:Good afternoon, since yesterday I am unable to get iMacros extension to work with CHrome, none of the macros gets triggered and when I try to open iMacros option page it just hangs on a loading.

Currently I have Chrome v50, tried with v49 cleaned profile and v48 cleaned profile, and I get the same result.

Any help regarding this issue would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

ZarkBit
You try to download Chrome Beta version last v.51.0.2704.36 here. Good luck :)
ZarkBit

Post by ZarkBit » Wed May 25, 2016 11:27 am

lol, I got it working so I think I'll just skip the hassle of testing on a new build