IMacros for chrome

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
nnagasaibabu

IMacros for chrome

Post by nnagasaibabu » Thu May 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi,

Till now we are scrapping our sites with Imacro IE version (purchased licensed one). Now requirement changes and we need to scrape the sites data in chrome.

Do we need to purchase seperate license for imacro chrome or can use old licensed one? Please specify the steps?

What are the difficulties that we will face with imacros with chrome.

we have tried to run the macro which is written for IE browser in chrome and it is not at all running.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Naga Sai
chivracq

Re: IMacros for chrome

Post by chivracq » Thu May 05, 2016 6:32 pm

nnagasaibabu wrote:Hi,

Till now we are scrapping our sites with Imacro IE version (purchased licensed one). Now requirement changes and we need to scrape the sites data in chrome.

Do we need to purchase seperate license for imacro chrome or can use old licensed one? Please specify the steps?

What are the difficulties that we will face with imacros with chrome.

we have tried to run the macro which is written for IE browser in chrome and it is not at all running.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Naga Sai
Hum, FCIM...! :mrgreen: , for all your Threads actually, read my Sig, that's why I didn't react to any of your previous Threads, and one is waiting for some follow-up from your Side...

Thread Title is not very Descriptive, all Threads in this Sub-Forum are pertaining to "iMacros for CR", and I normally don't answer Threads with a "useless" Thread Title, but OK, I'll answer this one, if my Remarks can help you to improve the Quality of your (future) Threads, if you want to get some better Help from the Forum... :idea:

This is typically a Qt for TechSupport and if you have a valid License for the iMB, you are entitled to open a Ticket with TechSup and ask them directly... I don't use the iMB myself but what I understood from the Wiki/FAQ I guess, is that your License is valid for all 4 Browsers, for FF/IE/CR, you just need to install (as well) the Free Add-on for each Browser that you want to use, and the License is only needed actually if you control your Scripts (for any Browser) from the Scripting Interface, iimRunner or the DotNet Component.
For CR, next to the iMacros for CR Add-on, you'll need since CR35 to install an additional Module (the "FIO Module" (File Input Output)) for Access to Local Files (Macros as '.iim' Files (and not Bookmarks), DataSource Access, 'SAVEAS', 'ONDOWNLOAD', etc...)

And like you have already noticed, many Commands are not implemented (yet) in iMacros for CR, it is really the "little" Brother of all 4 Browsers, compared to iMB/IE/FF, Chrome would never be my first Choice as a Browser, when using iMacros, to be honest..., but I guess you probably have other (external) Requirements...
You'll need to review your Macro(s) and check all Commands that you use against the Command Reference in the Wiki.
Well, good luck anyway...!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
nnagasaibabu

Post by nnagasaibabu » Fri May 06, 2016 10:27 am

Hi chivracq,

Thanks for your suggestions and I will follow the same for my next queries.

Thanks,
Naga Sai
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 06, 2016 3:06 pm

nnagasaibabu wrote:Hi chivracq,

Thanks for your suggestions and I will follow the same for my next queries.

Thanks,
Naga Sai
OK..., sounds good, even if..., euh...!, your next Thread already looks like an April Fool's Joke to me... :shock:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...