Linking macros together

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Cynthia25

Linking macros together

Post by Cynthia25 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:49 am

Hello,

I know this question has already been asked but I wasn't able to replicate the solution. So I would very much appreciate your help.
I am using the Chrome add-on to perform the Macros. I have different macros stored in a subfolder "Projects" of the folder "iMacros". I want two Macros to run one after the other, one called "TER.iim" and one called "FOR.iim". I have tried using the command URL GOTO but I don't know which exact URL to use. I have also tried using iimPlay() but it doesn't work.
Thank you in advance for your help
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Linking macros together

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu May 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Hi Cynthia25,

You said you are using iMacros for Chrome, but you originally posted this question in the iMacros for Firefox forum, so I have moved it to the iMacros for Chrome forum and also removed the duplicate post in the General Support & Discussions forum.

You may have already come across one method for how to do this using iMacros for Firefox that entails calling the macro using the URL GOTO command, as mentioned in this post:

http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php? ... 399#p59327

This method only works with iMacros for Firefox, and I would like to add that it is not officially supported and so we cannot guarantee that this functionality will continue to work in the future (although it has currently been working for years).

There are a few different methods for chaining your macros together as discussed in this FAQ.

The batch file approach works with iMacros for Firefox (c.f. http://wiki.imacros.net/iMacros_for_Fir ... ne_Support) as well as the Standard and Enterprise Editions, which include native command-line support for both the standalone iMacros Browser and iMacros for IE.

Getting iMacros for Chrome to work from a batch file is a bit trickier. At one time there was a method for launching it from batch, but this method stopped working after a subsequent update to Chrome. There may be other solutions for Chrome posted here in the forums, for example in this thread.

The preferred and cleanest method for calling multiple macros is to use the scripting interface. iMacros for Firefox includes the built-in Javascript scripting interface, so that instead of playing an .iim file directly, you can create a .js script that calls iimPlay to play any number of macro files.

Unfortunately, iMacros for Chrome does not come with a built-in scripting interface. But you can use the scripting interface included with the iMacros Enterprise Edition to launch and play macros in Chrome, as well as all the other browsers that iMacros supports, i.e. IE, Firefox, and the iMacros browser.

You can download a free 30-day trial of the Enterprise Edition from the following page:

http://www.imacros.net/download
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support