Imacros for chrome stop working after running the first loop

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Porridgeislife

Imacros for chrome stop working after running the first loop

Post by Porridgeislife » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:03 pm

So im using imacros to run videos on a website it was working great until about 5 days ago nothing i tried works now.
imacros VERSION BUILD=8350307
OS Windows 8.1 and windows 10 2 different computer both doesnt work
Chrome version Version 51.0.2704.106 m (64-bit)

the error im getting is RuntimeError: element A specified by TXT:Next<SP>Ad was not found, line: 4

im fairly new to imacros so im not sure whats wrong.
chivracq

Re: Imacros for chrome stop working after running the first

Post by chivracq » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:22 pm

Porridgeislife wrote:So im using imacros to run videos on a website it was working great until about 5 days ago nothing i tried works now.

Code: Select all

imacros VERSION BUILD=8350307
OS Windows 8.1 and windows 10         2 different computer both doesnt work
Chrome version   Version 51.0.2704.106 m (64-bit)
the error im getting is RuntimeError: element A specified by TXT:Next<SP>Ad was not found, line: 4

im fairly new to imacros so im not sure whats wrong.
Hum, iMacros for CR v8.3.5 was probably the Version you used when you made your Script, current Version is now v8.4.4 since a few days, unless you disabled Automatic Updates for iMacros.

2 other Users have already reported some Pb's with the new Version, but for them nothing works anymore, your Pb seems to be different, and "Element specified not found" usually comes from the Site itself. Try recording your Actions again to see if the HTML Structure of the Page/Site didn't change... Provide URL and Script otherwise for more specific Help, like stated in my Sig...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Porridgeislife

Post by Porridgeislife » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:04 am

here's the script for the current version

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=http://www.nadamobile.com/watch
WAIT SECONDS=60
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Next<SP>Ad

it stopped after the first video ran
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Porridgeislife wrote:here's the script for the current version

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=http://www.nadamobile.com/watch
WAIT SECONDS=60
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Next<SP>Ad
it stopped after the first video ran
OK, so I was correct about your Current Version, you are indeed on v8.4.4.

And I guess the Script you posted is what you recorded after re-recording your Actions, and it looks like nothing changed...
I tried to have a look myself at your Site/Page, but the Site is behind Login&Password, so I cannot access the Page...

Things you can try are using '!ERRORIGNORE', extracting the 'TXT' of the Link to make sure that it exists, or the 'HREF' to reuse with 'URL GOTO'.
Maybe the Link only gets activated after a specific time and your 60 sec are not enough, or only after the Video has finished playing, or the Text changes (then you can try using some Wildcard(s) or some other Attributes eventually combined with Relative Positioning).
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Porridgeislife

Post by Porridgeislife » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:11 am

which line would i enter those at? this website is similar to youtube as it just plays ads with a next video button