Issues clicking button in dropdown menu*

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
user444

Issues clicking button in dropdown menu*

Post by user444 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:05 am

On tumblr in the latest chrome version, if Imacros opens up the dropdown menu and then selects the button, nothing happens. However, if I open the dropdown menu for Imacros, it can click the button just fine. Here's the code imacros generated based on what I clicked in record mode:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>BUTTON>I"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(12)>DIV>DIV>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>UL>LI>UL>LI>DIV>A>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>SPAN"
I combed through the documentation for several hours, but I'm really not good with this stuff.
chivracq

Re: Issues clicking button in dropdown menu*

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:06 pm

user444 wrote:On tumblr in the latest chrome version, if Imacros opens up the dropdown menu and then selects the button, nothing happens. However, if I open the dropdown menu for Imacros, it can click the button just fine. Here's the code imacros generated based on what I clicked in record mode:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>BUTTON>I"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(12)>DIV>DIV>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>UL>LI>UL>LI>DIV>A>SPAN:nth-of-type(2)>SPAN"
I combed through the documentation for several hours, but I'm really not good with this stuff.
FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> iMacros for CR v8.4.4, CR...? (50-55...?), sorry "latest" is always very vague...!, OS...?

Oh...!, but hum, using the 'TAG Selector' Mode, only implemented recently in the very recently last released Version for CR, v8.4.4, (about 2 weeks ago, I think...), not implemented for FF yet, so I didn't have a chance to play with it yet...!
And hum, mini-/Feedback, iMacros for CR is very often very buggy, especially for "a first time Implementation", like for this 'TAG Selector' Functionality for example, I wouldn't be surprised, ah-ah...!!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
user444

Post by user444 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:50 am

Hello, chivracq, my chrome version is 51.0.2704.106 m (64-bit), and I'm using Windows 10 pro version 10.0.10586 Build 10586. Based on what you said, are there other ways to target this button without encountering this bug? I'd prefer to use chrome if possible.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:27 am

user444 wrote:Hello, chivracq, my chrome version is 51.0.2704.106 m (64-bit), and I'm using Windows 10 pro version 10.0.10586 Build 10586. Based on what you said, are there other ways to target this button without encountering this bug? I'd prefer to use chrome if possible.
Well, using the "Standard" 'TAG POS TYPE CONTENT' Mode which I guess you must probably still be able to select from the Record Options in iMacros.
I haven't had a chance to "experiment" yet with this new 'TAG SELECTOR' Mode that I had noticed indeed from a recent Update to the Wiki for the 'TAG' Command but it doesn't work (yet) with iMacros for FF, even if hum, I had tried with v8.9.6 and not with the latest v8.9.7 Version, but the Version History (for iMacros for FF) for this last Version didn't mention anything about this new 'TAG SELECTOR' Functionality while it is mentioned in the Version History for CR for v8.4.4.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
lam

Post by lam » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:16 pm

I had this issue.

imacros clicks happen in milliseconds, but if you watch, yourself clicking the buttons, the buttons take a few seconds to appear.

Use a wait step between each step

WAIT SECONDS=2.2
Windows 7
Firefox 47
iMacros add on for firefox
VERSION BUILD=8970419
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:19 am

lam wrote:I had this issue.

imacros clicks happen in milliseconds, but if you watch, yourself clicking the buttons, the buttons take a few seconds to appear.

Use a wait step between each step

WAIT SECONDS=2.2
Hum..., that could be a good Explanation indeed why iMacros in the "Standard" TAG Mode often has difficulties with DDLB's and the EVENT Mode on the contrary often works fine, as the EVENT Mode is a bit slower than the TAG Mode, not by 2.2 sec per Statement though, luckily...!

But I as well usually add some '0.2/0.5' WAIT Statement after opening some DDLB just to leave the time for the DDLB to open, for when the DDLB-Option Selection needs 2 Statements...