ASP .NET dropdown record and play

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
darkice

ASP .NET dropdown record and play

Post by darkice » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi,

We use DevExpress components and are trying to record them with iMacros Chrome Extension.
In the iMacros Chrome Extension we have set that it should select by CSS selector ( On id is also not working ) with the Conventional Recording Mode ( also tried Expirimental same result )

1. We visit the url https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... olumn.aspx
2. We start a recording.
3. We then select an item from the list.
4. We stop the recording.

We have the following Macro

VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... olumn.aspx
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(2)"

When we play the macro the page is refreshed and the selected item in the list is not restored.

Is this not possible or do we need a different setting? We need help :)

Thanks in advance.
chivracq

Re: ASP .NET dropdown record and play

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:28 am

darkice wrote:Hi,

We use DevExpress components and are trying to record them with iMacros Chrome Extension.
In the iMacros Chrome Extension we have set that it should select by CSS selector ( On id is also not working ) with the Conventional Recording Mode ( also tried Expirimental same result )

1. We visit the url https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... olumn.aspx
2. We start a recording.
3. We then select an item from the list.
4. We stop the recording.

We have the following Macro

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditorsDemos/ASPxComboBox/MultiColumn.aspx
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(2)"
When we play the macro the page is refreshed and the selected item in the list is not restored.

Is this not possible or do we need a different setting? We need help :)

Thanks in advance.
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread, read my Sig, all Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions...)
=> Probable FCI: iMacros for CR v8.44, CR52...?, OS...?

But hum, I had a look at your Script and Site using iMacros for FF (v8.8.2) which is my fav Browser/Version for which this new 'TAG SELECTOR' Mode has not been implemented yet, it is only available for iMacros for CR v8.44, I think, and using the EVENT Mode (without ID), here is what I get recorded (and which works as well on Replay):

'Row Nb 1 ('Alejandra Camino'):
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD" BUTTON=0

'Row Nb 3 ('Ana Trujillo'):
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(3)>TD" BUTTON=0

'Row Nb 6 ('Ann Devon'):
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type(6)>TD" BUTTON=0
(Tested on iMacros for FF v8.8.2, Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47), Win10-x64.)

This TAG SELECTOR Mode for CR is very new and could be still a bit buggy, and I didn't have a chance to play with it yet, but you could try:

'Select Row Nb to select:
SET Row_Nb 3

URL GOTO=https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditorsDemos/ASPxComboBox/MultiColumn.aspx

'Open DDLB:
'TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(3)>IMG"

'Select Row in DDLB:
'TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR>TD:nth-of-type(2)"
TAG SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>DIV>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>DIV>DIV>TABLE>TBODY>TR>TD>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>TABLE:nth-of-type(2)>TBODY>TR:nth-of-type({{Row_Nb}})>TD"
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
darkice

Re: ASP .NET dropdown record and play

Post by darkice » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:53 am

Hi Chivracq,

I am using iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4, Chrome version (52.0.2743.116 m) on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
But I cannot get it to work even with your macro.

FireFox Test.

VERSION BUILD=9030808 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... olumn.aspx
TAG POS=193 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:https://demos.devexpress.com/ASPxEditor ... 1_35-Znvbd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Familia<SP>Arquibaldo
TAG POS=1 TYPE=P ATTR=TXT:The<SP>DevExpress<SP>ASP.NET<SP>Autocomplete<SP>Combo<SP>Box*

Using iMacros for FireFox 9.0.3 FireFox Version (48.0) on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
In the recording options I have unchecked Favor element Ids in selectors.

Yes I am a noob :) lol

Thanks Martijn