imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Post Reply
todoen
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:23 pm

imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by todoen » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:26 pm

I have a problem with plugin FDM 5.1.18.4671 and plugin iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4 with Chrome 53.0.2785.116 m in Windows 10x64. i have this message (in Spanish)

Advertencia:
Esta extensión no ha podido asignar un nombre a la descarga "" porque otra extensión (Free Download Manager Chrome extension) ha determinado un nombre de archivo diferente "".
Image

What do you think?
chivracq
Posts: 9311
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:51 pm

todoen wrote:I have a problem with

Code: Select all

plugin FDM 5.1.18.4671
and plugin iMacros for Chrome 8.4.4 
with Chrome 53.0.2785.116 m 
in Windows 10x64.
i have this message (in Spanish)
Advertencia:
Esta extensión no ha podido asignar un nombre a la descarga "" porque otra extensión (Free Download Manager Chrome extension) ha determinado un nombre de archivo diferente "".
Image

What do you think?
Euh..., what does the Msg mean in English...?
And when do you get it...? Are you running some Macro...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
todoen
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by todoen » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:03 pm

chivracq wrote: Euh..., what does the Msg mean in English...?
And when do you get it...? Are you running some Macro...?
translate google: This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (Free Download Manager Chrome extension) has determined a different filename

Not, i don't execute imacro. i have imacros installed, but I install new freedownloadmanager version and i got this message


NOTE: Ok, i change chrome to English, and warning dissapered. It's possible language problem. All good now :twisted:
chivracq
Posts: 9311
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:30 pm

todoen wrote:
chivracq wrote: Euh..., what does the Msg mean in English...?
And when do you get it...? Are you running some Macro...?
translate google: This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (Free Download Manager Chrome extension) has determined a different filename

Not, i don't execute imacro. i have imacros installed, but I install new freedownloadmanager version and i got this message

NOTE: Ok, i change chrome to English, and warning dissapered. It's possible language problem. All good now :twisted:
Ah OK..., good to know...!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
todoen
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by todoen » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:00 pm

chivracq wrote:
todoen wrote:
chivracq wrote: Euh..., what does the Msg mean in English...?
And when do you get it...? Are you running some Macro...?
translate google: This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (Free Download Manager Chrome extension) has determined a different filename

Not, i don't execute imacro. i have imacros installed, but I install new freedownloadmanager version and i got this message

NOTE: Ok, i change chrome to English, and warning dissapered. It's possible language problem. All good now :twisted:
Ah OK..., good to know...!
My happiness is ephemeral, I found what error it's when download files. Message in english it's: Warning:
This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (Free Download Manager Chrome extension) determined a different filename "".
chivracq
Posts: 9311
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:28 pm

todoen wrote:My happiness is ephemeral, I found what error it's when download files. Message in english it's: Warning:
This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (Free Download Manager Chrome extension) determined a different filename "".
Hum, sounds then like both iMacros and FDM are incompatible together as they seem to be fighting for the same Download Mechanism..., and you might have to disable one or the other alternately to be able to use the "other one"...

But a few things you could try:
1- If I understand correctly, you had first installed iMacros and later FDM. You could try uninstalling iMacros (or both) and try (re)installing first FDM and iMacros after. Maybe it's the last installed Add-on that will be the King in the Kingdom...!

2- To avoid the enable/disable iMacros/FDM hassle, you could use 2 different CR Profiles, one with FDM and one with iMacros.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
todoen
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by todoen » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:47 pm

chivracq wrote:
todoen wrote:My happiness is ephemeral, I found what error it's when download files. Message in english it's: Warning:
This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (Free Download Manager Chrome extension) determined a different filename "".
Hum, sounds then like both iMacros and FDM are incompatible together as they seem to be fighting for the same Download Mechanism..., and you might have to disable one or the other alternately to be able to use the "other one"...

But a few things you could try:
1- If I understand correctly, you had first installed iMacros and later FDM. You could try uninstalling iMacros (or both) and try (re)installing first FDM and iMacros after. Maybe it's the last installed Add-on that will be the King in the Kingdom...!
Yes, in this order, imacros and later new version of FDM. :D :D :D :D :D Very good, i uninstall imacros, reinstall imacros and all good
2- To avoid the enable/disable iMacros/FDM hassle, you could use 2 different CR Profiles, one with FDM and one with iMacros.
Good solution, but not necessary in my case

Thank you very much
chivracq
Posts: 9311
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Ah-ah...! Well, keep fingers crossed...!! 8)

But hum..., keep in mind that if the Installation Order plays a role, if FDM updates itself automatically later, the Pb will probably reappear..., unless the Developer of FDM is made aware of the Incompatibility and is able to solve the Pb, so you might want to disable Automatic Updates for FDM..., or you'll have to reinstall iMacros from time to time...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Sillik
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:56 am

Re: imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by Sillik » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:00 am

Hello,

I have the exact same error message, but with the "Observepoint tag debugger extension".

Warning:
This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (iMacros for Chrome) determined a different filename "".

IT seems some file in those extension doesn't have a name. Is it possible? "" is an empty string, and there is a conflict because both extension are referring to the same file name (which is empty).
I don't understand how it is possible to create or download a file with an empty name though...
chivracq
Posts: 9311
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm
Location: Amsterdam (NL)

Re: imacros with FreeDownloadManager

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:35 pm

Sillik wrote:Hello,

I have the exact same error message, but with the "Observepoint tag debugger extension".

Warning:
This extension failed to name the download "" because another extension (iMacros for Chrome) determined a different filename "".

IT seems some file in those extension doesn't have a name. Is it possible? "" is an empty string, and there is a conflict because both extension are referring to the same file name (which is empty).
I don't understand how it is possible to create or download a file with an empty name though...
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
+ Version of this "Observepoint tag debugger extension" Add-on...? And maybe some direct Link to it...?

You have a Solution that seemed to have worked for @OP for this other conflicting Add-on in this Thread, have you tried it...?

And I would have a few other Qt's/Suggestions, but mention your FCI and answer those Qt's already before I elaborate...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Post Reply