Problem with iMacros in Windows Toolbar in Top.

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ghporras

Problem with iMacros in Windows Toolbar in Top.

Post by ghporras » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Hello,

I just installed the iMacros 8.4.4 for Chrome (Version 53.0.2785.116 m) in my Windows 8.1 Pro.
I have the Windows Toolabar on top of my Windows.

My problem: the iMacros window attach itselt to fill vertically my desktop but it do wrong calculations and the main menus can not be accessed.

You can verify in this image: URL: http://imgur.com/a/LyMvF

How I can fix the iMacros Window?

Thanks
Last edited by ghporras on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chivracq

Re: Problem with iMacros in Windows Toolbar in Top.

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:55 am

ghporras wrote:Hello,

I just installed the iMacros for Chrome (Version 53.0.2785.116 m) in my Windows 8.1 Pro.
I have the Windows Toolabar on top of my Windows.

My problem: the iMacros window attach itselt to fill vertically my desktop but it do wrong calculations and the main menus can be accesed.

You can verify in this image: URL: http://imgur.com/a/LyMvF

How I can fix the iMacros Window?

Thanks
Probable FCI:
iMacros for CR v8.4.4...?, CR53, Win8.1-Pro.

"the main menus can be accesed" = "the main menus cannot be accessed", I reckon...?
Screenshot Upload/Link didn't work...

But hum, I guess I understand your Pb, have you tried minimizing + resizing/maximizing the iMacros Dock-Panel and/or the "whole" CR Window...?
And as well to temporarily reset your Windows Toolbar to the bottom, play a bit with CR and iMacros (a few minimize/resize/move/maximize, maybe with some Reboot in-between), then move back the Windows Toolbar to the top...?

But if you've really hit a Bug, which wouldn't surprise me, one Workaround would be to use a second Screen (with 'Extend Displays') attached to your PC/Laptop, very handy anyway...!
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ghporras

Post by ghporras » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Thanks chivracq.
I fixed the Image URL so you can verify. And I found the problem: I already have 2 monitors.

I have my Chrome in my secondary monitor and iMacros in the main monitor.
I found the iMacros problem: It uses the Chrome height. As I have a Chrome in the main monitor with 1440x900 res. and iMacros in the secondary with 1366x788 res., iMacros is using a 900 height in a 788px space.

The solution: to have iMacros in the larger monitor or reduce the chrome window size to 788px heigth, as iMacros is attached in the main window, it can´t be passed to secundary window :cry: .

Thanks!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:21 pm

ghporras wrote:Thanks chivracq.
I fixed the Image URL so you can verify. And I found the problem: I already have 2 monitors.

I have my Chrome in my secondary monitor and iMacros in the main monitor.
I found the iMacros problem: It uses the Chrome height. As I have a Chrome in the main monitor with 1440x900 res. and iMacros in the secondary with 1366x788 res., iMacros is using a 900 height in a 788px space.

The solution: to have iMacros in the larger monitor or reduce the chrome window size to 788px heigth, as iMacros is attached in the main window, it can´t be passed to secundary window :cry: .

Thanks!
OK for the Image URL, the URL was actually already included in "my" Quote, I didn't notice it, I've edited my Quote as well...

Yep, Resolution/Screen/Window Height makes sense indeed, I had noticed it indeed myself with CR, but it is possible to have the CR Window on one Monitor and the iMacros Panel on another Monitor even if I remember it was a bit tricky to achieve, with several Minimize/Resize of both the CR and the iMacros Windows in a specific order, it is actually one of the 2 Workarounds to achieve a Full-Screen Browser without any iMacros Panel obfuscating any part of the Browser Window, at least last time I had tried it, more than 1 year ago, but I was using an older Version (v7.0.3, on Commodo Dragon v33, Win7-x64) than you. You didn't confirm btw if you are indeed using v8.4.4.
And I now have a different Laptop as my previous Win7 Laptop died a few months ago, on which I didn't even bother to reinstall Chrome/Commodo that I don't like at all... and that I was only using for iMacros Pb's specific to CR.

I was using CR (Full-Screen) on my secondary Monitor (1280x1024) and iMacros on my primary (= Laptop) Monitor which now has 1366x768, but my previous Laptop had a similar Size/Resolution and the CR Height (1024) is/was quite more than the iMacros/Laptop Height (768).
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
ghporras

Post by ghporras » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:31 pm

AH ok.. I´ll work at that way I found..
And my iMacros version is 8.4.4
Thanks for your help!