subscripts

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
bcmillerway

subscripts

Post by bcmillerway » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:35 am

iMacros v 844 (Chrome extension)
Chrome v 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit)

I can't find anything that might indicate that a script can run other scripts except from something like a Windows batch file.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks
chivracq

Re: subscripts

Post by chivracq » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:47 am

bcmillerway wrote:

Code: Select all

iMacros v 844 (Chrome extension)
Chrome v 54.0.2840.99 m (64-bit)
I can't find anything that might indicate that a script can run other scripts except from something like a Windows batch file.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (OS is missing, you mention "Windows batch file" but it's not clear if you are on a Win OS...)

Yep a Batch File is a way to link several Macros together, works for all OS'es and all Browsers...

With iMacros for FF, you can have a main '.js' Script calling '.iim' Sub-Macros using 'iimPlay()' and '.iim' Macros can even call other '.iim' Macros or even '.js' Scripts using some unsupported Syntax:

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=imacros://run/?m=Second<SP>Script.iim/js
But it only works on FF.

For CR, Advanced User @iimfun recently posted a Method, it's bit cumbersome and complex but well..., if it works...! The Principle is to embed your Sub-Macro(s) as Bookmarklet(s) in your (main) Script. More info in the following Thread:
- Chrome alternative for commands 'CLICK' and 'imacros://run/'

An easier way I would think, which should work for all Browsers I think, would be to use another Method he had posted before which consists of embedding a Macro into a Link or Button (on some (local) Web-Page in your case (that you could load in your Browser in a second Tab)). And you simply make your (main) Script click on that Link at the end of its Script:
- Re: problem with using run.imacros.net to start a macro
(See the 'Click me to play' Example in that Thread/Post.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...