Export macros from Chrome to imacros vs10

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
darkmilz

Export macros from Chrome to imacros vs10

Post by darkmilz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:44 am

We' have come into possession of a lot of Chrome imacros (saved as bookmarks) that we would like to import into our desktop application. Other than manually copying the code, pasting it into imacros vs10, and clicking on "save as", is there a simpler method to use all these macros in the Windows application? Thanks for your help!
iimfun

Re: Export macros from Chrome to imacros vs10

Post by iimfun » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:06 am

It is theoretically possible. I don't know if my plan described below will be practically simpler than what you're doing.

So you have to:
1. Export bookmarks to HTML file.
2. Develop a macro/script which extracts necessary info from this local bookmark HTML file and creates corresponding 'iim's on your drive.

FYI. I am able to write a similar code and to make the solution more ideal, would choose a 'js' script working under iMacros for Firefox.