does x/y work in the chrome version?

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
questions

does x/y work in the chrome version?

Post by questions » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:45 pm

Does x/y recording work in the chrome version? I just tried to run a macro I recorded a few months ago (not using x/y but now I might try x/y) and it's not working at all in chrome. Was there a big change recently?
iimfun

Re: does x/y work in the chrome version?

Post by iimfun » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:08 am

It seems, no. At the same time the wiki for Firefox says
CLICK (X/Y) record mode is now deprecated, use EVENT mode instead.
Therefore you can use

Code: Select all

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="someSelectorHere" POINT="(12,345)"
instead of

CLICK X=12 Y=345
As far as I know, the wildcard * selector won't work for Chrome. However X/Y clicks are not perfect in Firefox either.
chivracq

Re: does x/y work in the chrome version?

Post by chivracq » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:23 am

questions wrote:Does x/y recording work in the chrome version? I just tried to run a macro I recorded a few months ago (not using x/y but now I might try x/y) and it's not working at all in chrome. Was there a big change recently?
iimfun wrote:It seems, no. At the same time the wiki for Firefox says
CLICK (X/Y) record mode is now deprecated, use EVENT mode instead.
Therefore you can use

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="someSelectorHere" POINT="(12,345)"
instead of

CLICK X=12 Y=345
As far as I know, the wildcard * selector won't work for Chrome. However X/Y clicks are not perfect in Firefox either.
Oh..., good, sbd replied in one of your 2 Duplicates, the other one can now be reported to get it deleted... (Or you could delete it yourself as long as nobody replies in it...) I can understand this Current Thread asking specifically about CR but the duplicate was in the FF Sub-Forum, with no mention at all of FCI... :roll:
=> Probable FCI: iMacros for CR v8.4.4, CR54/56...?, OS...?

Sorry @OP, using the Forum since 2008, being one of the oldest Forum Users but still using it a bit like a Newbie, with Duplicates, FCI never mentioned, and most of your previous Threads are still waiting for some Follow-up from you I can see from a quick Check, while we would expect you'd be a bit of a "Role Model" and answering most Threads I guess... :shock:
=> A bit "depressing", sorry...! But I had already said it in some previous Thread(s) of yours 1 or 2 years ago, didn't change a thing... :roll:

Got lucky you got some Answer... But hum, @iimfun's Answer is a bit incomplete, ah-ah...!, I've once posted a more complete Answer, you can search the Forum... And it's not difficult to test by yourself anyway... :idea:
Hum, except that i didn't know about the Wildcard not working on CR, good to know for "Portability" of Scripts between different Browsers... But I never use CR, ah-ah...! The only "interesting" Feature in CR that is not available for FF is the 'Selector' Functionality for the 'TAG' Command as well...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...