Simple Extraction and Recall

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sphinkter

Simple Extraction and Recall

Post by sphinkter » Wed May 17, 2017 12:57 am

So what I'm trying to use iMacros for seems simple to me but I'm having trouble finding all the things I need to make it work.

I have a Google Sheet list of participant's names that I normally go through one-by-one and copy/paste into a system my company uses. From there, I search for the participant, change a grade depending on if they passed/failed the course, and then go on to the next participant on the list. Seems like an easy job to automate but I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions on how to get started?

I would like it to start out by copying the participant's name, switch to the tab that has our system, paste the name (it defaults to search for names), search, pause for me to do the change, then move on to the next person the list and loop. So basically it would pause for me to change things but do all the copy/paste'ing for me.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
chivracq

Re: Simple Extraction and Recall

Post by chivracq » Wed May 17, 2017 2:29 am

sphinkter wrote:So what I'm trying to use iMacros for seems simple to me but I'm having trouble finding all the things I need to make it work.

I have a Google Sheet list of participant's names that I normally go through one-by-one and copy/paste into a system my company uses. From there, I search for the participant, change a grade depending on if they passed/failed the course, and then go on to the next participant on the list. Seems like an easy job to automate but I can't figure it out.

Any suggestions on how to get started?

I would like it to start out by copying the participant's name, switch to the tab that has our system, paste the name (it defaults to search for names), search, pause for me to do the change, then move on to the next person the list and loop. So basically it would pause for me to change things but do all the copy/paste'ing for me.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
Thread approved because Legit and no Spam..., but... :roll: :roll: :roll: :

1- First I have an "Allergy" to the Word "simple" in a Thread Title... If it's that "simple" . you should find the Solution by yourself if you are a bit clever, probably by reading some Documentation..., sorry I don't get it...! (I'm your "Audience" on this Forum, if you want to get a Solution, "simple" doesn't work on me..., because you don't need me/us... :idea: )
But hum..., if your Pb/Qt turns out to be indeed "simple", and its Solution/Answer could probably be easily found in the Wiki or Forum, then hum, I will say "Good luck with other (Advanced) Users..." (Sorry but no Script posted + nothing mentioned about what you tried...)

2- CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...!)

3- Wrong Sub-Forum...!: You post in the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, meaning that your Pb is specific to ONLY iMacros for CR and that your Script works in iMB/IE/FF but fails in CR, but hum..., FCI not mentioned and you don't even post your Script... :roll: (And no need to duplicate...)

4- And hum, if you had posted in the "correct" Sub-Forum, yeah the one about "Extractions", then hum, your Thread Title would be a bit useless because all Threads in that Sub-Forum are all about "Extraction"..., and I honestly don't understand what is meant with "Recall"...
OK, maybe from reading, but I don't think any/many Users will use the Term "Recall" as a Search Keyword when searching the Forum...

=> Improve on Items 1- and 2-, hum and maybe 4- (your Thread Title is very vague, I have no Idea what your Pb is about exactly, sorry...) (but not 3-...!!, do it correctly next time, but we don't want any Spam-Duplicates for now... :wink: )
Yeah, sorry, I don't read when FCI is not mentioned... :roll:
=> Stupid Qt...: Have you already installed iMacros...?, and if yes, in which Browser...? (maybe CR...!?) + Version...? + Browser Version...? + OS...?
This is a Technical Forum, try to use a bit correctly if you want Advanced Users to help you... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Simple Extraction and Recall

Post by chivracq » Tue May 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Hum..., about 1 week later, and no Follow-up, pity...! (And a "neat" Follow-up on a Thread when asking for Help belongs as well to "using a (Technical) Forum a bit correctly"...)

But OK, I read your Post, (I indeed don't really understand the meaning/connection of/with "Recall"), and I am even a bit more surprised about the "low Quality" of your Thread if you are a "Professional", but OK..., never mind..., and yep, your Scenario sounds like a typical Usecase for iMacros and Web-Automation indeed.
There shouldn't be any Difficulties, I would think... You simply need to record your Actions and with little Editing of your Script, manage to implement your "Solution"... But there is not much we can do to help you if you don't even post your (recorded) Script. Only with your Script and if you encounter some Pb and really get stuck, OK, then we can help you...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...